Bluetooth contacts - sort by first name?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
roccopanda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Bluetooth contacts - sort by first name?

Post by roccopanda »

Couldn't find an existing thread about this.... but then again maybe I'm being a div and missed a well obvious setting lol.

Currently on the car bluetooth all my contacts appear listed by surname. Is there any way to list by first name? Phone is an iPhone and they're listed the right way on there. Can't seem to find the option anywhere on the car BT though?
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Re: Bluetooth contacts - sort by first name?

Post by dimexi »

I don't have that problem on mine - and for the life of me, I can't remember how I sorted it out.

Try using VCDS, I think it has a sorting option - go through the telephone module options.
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Will have a look on VCDS tonight, thanks dimexi. Find it so odd that it isn't a "standard" option somewhere - I would have thought loads of people would find that annoying. Guess it's just me :D Will report back this evening.
GiannisA
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

It is easy by your MFD settings.
With your phone connected try this : Telephone Menu --> Settings --> Phone Book --> List --> Surname or First Name
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

I tried that GiannisA.... I don't seem to have that option. I press the Phone button on the actual RNS315 unit and it's not in there. In the actual MFD using the steering wheel controls I can't seem to find that menu, neither in the telephone (it gives me call register, mobile box, phone book (which goes straight into the phone book entries)) or in the MFD settings. Can you confirm exactly where you got that option please Giannis?
GiannisA
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

It is in the Telephone menu on your MFD.

I think that this video will help you

[youtube][/youtube]
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Thanks for the vid Giannis.

My MFD doesn't have that option. Mine only has Phone Book, Dial Number and Mobile Box (voicemail). It's proper odd. If it makes a difference it's the new white MFD (not colour).
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I have a MY12 Rocco with the white MFD and have the option within my phone menu

Are you checking when the phone is paired?
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

I am. I'll try forgetting the phone and re-adding it.
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Yeah, none of that has helped. Seems that the option isn't there on a MY2014 Roc. Anyone else have any ideas?
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Did you try VCDS?
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Sorry dimexi - I did indeed. Couldn't see anything in there, looked into coding and adaptations. Really stumpted. Seems that it can't be done on a new white MFD. I read somewhere on an Audi forum that only the colour MFDs have the option. Or you can plug the whole bluetooth unit into a golf or something. Both seem like ridiculous options.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As I said previously, I have the option and a standard white MFD display.
andyb2004
Options: Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control

Post by andyb2004 »

I will take a look at mine as it's also something that annoys me.
But for what it's worth, it couldn't be changed on my MY11 Passat CC which seems to share the same MFD display etc.
On the CC you couldn't dial a number other than by using the phone book either, so there do seem to be differences on how the VW phone interfaces work.
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

roccopanda wrote:Sorry dimexi - I did indeed. Couldn't see anything in there, looked into coding and adaptations. Really stumpted. Seems that it can't be done on a new white MFD. I read somewhere on an Audi forum that only the colour MFDs have the option. Or you can plug the whole bluetooth unit into a golf or something. Both seem like ridiculous options.
I will have a look when I have some time. I remember this was a problem I read about when I was researching on bluetooth installation. As cuprabob says, it's available on some white MFDs (I am yet to check mine). What part number module did you get?
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Cuprabob wrote:As I said previously, I have the option and a standard white MFD display.
Yeah, there must be a difference between M12 and 13/14. I'll try find the link on another forum, guy said that his 13/14 display didn't have it. Mine definitely doesn't either (and I double and triple checked after seeing the colour MFD link and your comments too) - I promise I'm not being clumsy and missing it :D . Seems so odd because the bluetooth/etc all works otherwise.

dimexi, when you say part number module, what do you mean? Within VCDS? If so, where would I find it. I looked through literally everything, even the bits that weren't related in case it might be hidden away somewhere. It's not a massive problem and I can live with it tbh... but part of me just wants to fix it and figure it out.

edit: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... st74017286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; One of the links, saying you need to swap the bluetooth module into a new car with the colour MFD or an older car (MY12-) with white MFD that *does* have the option.
tfm20
Options: Cruise Control

Post by tfm20 »

Hi Panda - glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this. I also have a new MY14 Rocco, and I spent ages trying to find the option before looking here.

Like you say, it's not a huge issue, I can live without it - it just seems like such a strange thing to remove between models....

Please post if you ever find a solution!
andyb2004
Options: Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control

Post by andyb2004 »

andyb2004 wrote:I will take a look at mine as it's also something that annoys me.
But for what it's worth, it couldn't be changed on my MY11 Passat CC which seems to share the same MFD display etc.
On the CC you couldn't dial a number other than by using the phone book either, so there do seem to be differences on how the VW phone interfaces work.
Finally had time to check. Mine has it in the MFD as an option. I also looked at VCDS - Module 77, Coding, Byte 1, Bit 4-7 gives the first name/family name option, but when I changed it here it wouldn't accept the new code.
spanner5351
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by spanner5351 »

Hi guys, new to the forum and joined for this thread!

I have a 2013 R-Line Tiguan with an RNS315 and have the exact same problem.

My MFD phonebook menu does not have the "settings" option and because of that i cannot sort the phonebook by First Name which is really frustrating.

Has anyone found a way to sort this out on a car that doesnt have the "settings" option?

Also does anyone know why some of these cars have different menus? Is it due to the Stereo firmware or do all RNS315's not have this menu?

Thanks!!
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

All of you who have different menus in the car are probably all using a different phone. I suggest what comes up in the car menu may be related to the capabilities of the phone. Have you tried changing the way the phone stores data using the phone menu?