VW Bluetooth modules - 1Z0 035 729 C vs 7P6 035 730 J/K/L

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
alid
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

VW Bluetooth modules - 1Z0 035 729 C vs 7P6 035 730 J/K/L

Post by alid »

Hi - I'm a board newbie - trying to pin down exactly which bluetooth module I need to best uprgade from rSAP to iPhone bluetooth connectivity with A2DP, including track info on RNS 510.

Just bought a 10 plate 2.0 TSi - its got factory installed 5N0 035 730 B module under driver's seat with RNS 510 and white multifunction display.

Going through all the posts on this I'm pretty sure I can plug and play swap over (without needing to recode) to a newer module to get iPhone compatibilty - only problem is I'm not sure which one to get from eBay.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... _Bluetooth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; suggests 1Z0 035 729 C is the latest.

But then looking at http://www.carsystems.pl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 7P6 035 730 J/K/L seems superior as it allows display of track artist/song name info on the RNS 510.

Can someone advise what the meanings of the different codes 5N0/1Z0/7P6 are - seems to me otherwise the J/K/L modules are just newer versions of the B module I've got (and the C module in the rocopedia post) - so surely the further down the alphabet the letter the better.

Thanks a lot for looking

Al
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Re: VW Bluetooth modules - 1Z0 035 729 C vs 7P6 035 730 J/K/

Post by dimexi »

The 1Z0 035 729 C has a manufacture date of Week 22 in 2009, the later revisions for that module went till - 1Z0-035-729-E which was manufactured in the final week of 2009. These modules will be cheaper AND fit for purpose. However, I am not sure that track listings will be displayed via bluetooth. You might need to ask someone else who has this fitted in.

7P6-035-730-L is the latest module (I have this one installed), this is good with A2DP and also shows track listings via bluetooth - though, I havent tested out the track listing bit as I have an old RCD510 in my car which doesn't support track listing via bluetooth BUT I know it should work with an RNS510.

The J/K/L at the end just signify newer modules. My suspicion is that it isn't easy to apply a software update to these modules when they are shipped out, so they just have to keep updating the modules themselves at OEM every so often. So yes, the further down the alphabet list, the better!

Also - a search on this forum should throw up quite a lot of threads on the bluetooth saga. Even better when you search for stuff on the internet generally. I found an absolute WEALTH of information when I retrofitted mine