Variable bit rate MP3's on RCD510

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Atlantis
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, DAB, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Smoking Pack

Variable bit rate MP3's on RCD510

Post by Atlantis »

Hi all,
I've just loaded some VBR MP3's on to my ipod and tried to play them back in my car. They play fine to begin with, but suddenly stop about a minute before they are meant to. I've listened to them on my ipod and they're fine, so it seems to be a problem with how the RCD510 is handling them (I assume that the RCD is basically pulling them down as data from the iPod and doing the MP3 decoding itself). Has anyone else noticed this or had success with VBR MP3's?

Cheers,
Jon
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Re: Variable bit rate MP3's on RCD510

Post by jonallen628 »

I have VBR MP3's on a USB stick connected to the MDI and they work fine, sorry this doesn't fully answer your question though.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
breeza

Re: Variable bit rate MP3's on RCD510

Post by breeza »

One thing the rcd510 doesn't handle with VBR mp3s through the MDI is showing the remaining track time. With constant bit rate files this works fine.