DRL problem

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
OGSalman-
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
Options: Body kit

DRL problem

Post by OGSalman- »

Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 facelift scirocco. Im having an issue with my DRL’s, they work fine with halogen bulbs however when i tried to change them to LED’s the driver side one stops working. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: DRL problem

Post by Cuprabob »

The issue is probably the LEDs are drawing much less current than the halogens. If the current drawn is not within the normal operating parameters the circuit is shut down.

The reason why one is working and the other is not could simply be down to tolerances and the limits to shut the each circuit down. If you haven't already you could try swapping the LEDs around, you might get lucky.

"CanBus friendly" LEDs have a resistor is parallel which draws more current in order to get round this problem and elimate bulb out errors.

Another issue you can get with LEDs is that because the respond much faster than halogen bulbs you get a flicker when you switch on the ignition and each circuit is energised briefly to detect bulb outs.
OGSalman-

Post by OGSalman- »

Is the best way to avoid this problem to get some canbus free LEDs? Or are there any other ways.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

OGSalman- wrote:Is the best way to avoid this problem to get some canbus free LEDs? Or are there any other ways.
Yes, CanBus compatible ones with the resistor in parallel.
OGSalman-

Post by OGSalman- »

Would you have a link to get the ones you mentioned?
OGSalman-

Post by OGSalman- »

Would you have a link to get the ones you mentioned?
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Apologies, I don't have any links to specific LEDs but if you let me know what fitment the DRL is, I'll point you in the right direction.
OGSalman-

Post by OGSalman- »

i believe the sizing is 382.
The halogen bulbs i previously bought had 382 P21W written on them if thats helpful.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

You might get cheaper on Ebay or Amazon but this is the type you are looking for
https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-t ... -bulb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;