What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

Re: What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Postby SciroccoCW » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:42 am

So I wrapped my dash trim in white carbon effect vinyl. Saved the head unit fascia till last, took it off (with great difficulty) only to find that the silver chrome looking trim around the top air vent is not removable, so if I did wrap it then it would look odd as the vinyl would mold to the grooves of the silver chrome looking trim.. so I put it back on and left it >.<

SciroccoCW

I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
With a: Manual box
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Postby Beef-Mc » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:39 am

Shame as the white carbon effect looks decent.
Beef-Mc

I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Postby SciroccoCW » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Beef-Mc wrote:Shame as the white carbon effect looks decent.

Yeah it took a few hours to do all the trim, first time I've wrapped anything before. The fascia would be so hard wrapping the vinyl behind the thinnest bits of trim, there's also a ton of plastic and clips behind it which would make it near impossible to wrap the vinyl round and make it stick. Would probably need a professional to do it good.
SciroccoCW

Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Postby LHM » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:28 pm

New cam follower fitted today. Old one was showing some signs of wear (nothing major) at 48k miles.
LHM

I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Postby Alex230 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 pm

SciroccoCW wrote:So I wrapped my dash trim in white carbon effect vinyl. Saved the head unit fascia till last, took it off (with great difficulty) only to find that the silver chrome looking trim around the top air vent is not removable, so if I did wrap it then it would look odd as the vinyl would mold to the grooves of the silver chrome looking trim.. so I put it back on and left it >.<

From what i see in the pics, it seems that you have a face-lifted model. How come you have the old RNS 310 instead of the new units?
Alex230

I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Rear parking sensors. Osram 4300k H7 bulbs. Amber parking lights.

Postby SciroccoCW » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:57 am

Alex230 wrote:
SciroccoCW wrote:So I wrapped my dash trim in white carbon effect vinyl. Saved the head unit fascia till last, took it off (with great difficulty) only to find that the silver chrome looking trim around the top air vent is not removable, so if I did wrap it then it would look odd as the vinyl would mold to the grooves of the silver chrome looking trim.. so I put it back on and left it >.<

From what i see in the pics, it seems that you have a face-lifted model. How come you have the old RNS 310 instead of the new units?

Yeah it is the facelift model so the fascia is different. Not sure about the head unit, wasn't aware there was a newer one.
SciroccoCW

Postby LHM » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 am

Painted the rusty rear brake hubs and disc edges with Hammerite Smooth Silver. Gave the rust a good wire brushing, cleaned area, masked, and painted. Let the first coat to dwell for over an hour then did a second coat. Leave to dry for appx 24 hours before driving the car.

Before:
best free image host

After:
LHM

I drive a: Scirocco R

Postby ethan_rose » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:54 am

After getting it back from some costly transmission repairs, installed Philips Crystal Vision Ultra 4000K lamps all around.

4x H7 for low and high beams
2x 9006 for the fogs
4x W5W for the side lights and rear plate lights (these were actually Philips White Vision 4300K)

Looks crisp and a bit more modern with the stock lights now.

EDIT: added image to show the cool looking blue caps

ethan_rose

In: Indium Grey
Options: Leather/Heated Seats
19" Lugano wheels

Postby Zanic L3 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 pm

ethan_rose wrote:After getting it back from some costly transmission repairs, installed Philips Crystal Vision Ultra 4000K lamps all around.

2x 9006 for the fogs
4x W5W for the side lights and rear plate lights (these were actually Philips White Vision 4300K)

Any pics with the 4x h7 on?
Zanic L3

In: Deep Black
Options: /

Postby SciroccoCW » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Washed it 3.5 hours :rolleyes:

SciroccoCW

Postby ethan_rose » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 am

Zanic L3 wrote:
ethan_rose wrote:After getting it back from some costly transmission repairs, installed Philips Crystal Vision Ultra 4000K lamps all around.

2x 9006 for the fogs

IMG REMOVED

Any pics with the 4x h7 on?

I tried getting some pictures but had trouble getting anything which looked clean without the lights blowing out the camera. Will try again soon and post if I can get something nice.
ethan_rose

19" Lugano wheels

Postby ethan_rose » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Installed MFSW buttons! Already had the high line steering wheel controller in place so very easy.

ethan_rose

19" Lugano wheels

Previous

Return to General Scirocco Talk