RTI Insurance

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
andecoro
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Interlagos Alloys,Fog Lights, Bluetooth Prep, Tyre Pressure Indicator,Multifunction Steering wheel with HighLine computer . Luxury Mats , Rear Parking Sensors

RTI Insurance

Post by andecoro »

Ive put down a deposit for the 1.4 Scirooco which is coming out in January and have already started counting the days.

While discussing the possible financing options the salesman has pushed me to take on additional Return to Invoice (RTI) insurance .
He says in the event of a major accident that this covers any difference in what you would get from your normal insurance company and the cost of getting a replacement car.

Does anyone know if this is worthwhile as it seems to cost around £600 for three years ?

Thanks
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: RTI Insurance

Post by iroc »

Firstly Welcome to the forum. :yes:

What you have to remember is that your insurance company will usually replace your car with a new one in the first year. so you are only getting 2 years cover from the dealer.
If you intend keeping the car and you have it on finance then GAP/RTI insurance would be a good option IMO, but you need to search the internet as there are a lot of better deals than those the dealers offer.

An Example

http://www.cargapinsurance.co.uk/home/index.asp
paulmaddocks
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Black Leather, DAB Radio, Folidng mirrors, Parking sensors, Mats, Flat tyre indicator. Extras: Metal pedals, Boot liner, Premium Door sill trim.

Post by paulmaddocks »

Hi

From the conversation I had with the VW finanace guy, if your insurance replaces your car for you in the first year anyway, if you declare this you can defer the first year of the gap insurance for a small fee (around £40). Be worth just double checking with a) your proposed insurance policy and b) the VW dude at your dealer.

I am tempted by the insurance, but you have to take advice from those who are qualified.
andecoro
With a: Manual box
Options: Interlagos Alloys,Fog Lights, Bluetooth Prep, Tyre Pressure Indicator,Multifunction Steering wheel with HighLine computer . Luxury Mats , Rear Parking Sensors

Post by andecoro »

Hi

Thanks for the advice guys. You've saved me a substantial bit of money.

Just like to say how much Ive enjoyed viewing this forum since I found out about the Scirocco. It really is a special car.

Good Work.

Regards
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

andecoro wrote:
Just like to say how much Ive enjoyed viewing this forum since I found out about the Scirocco. It really is a special car.

Good Work.
Welcome and thank you :)
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Welcome andecoro,

Congrats on the new purchase, just curious what options were/'nt available to you? You must be one of the first with the 1.4, is the January delivery speculation or scheduled/confirmed?

Finally the good stuff, what config did you go for?
langlord

Post by langlord »

as people have said if you are on finance it is nearly vital you have this as cars are so easy to write off these days owing to crash protection standards and the cost of parts.

However I would suggest you look else where as VW and companies alike use other firms for these and then rack up the rate. GAP for 3 years should cost you no more than about £200.
Candy white scirocco, black leather, dyno audio, mats, auto glym protection - build week 39
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

my dealer through 3 years gap insurance for free worth haggling as this is a dealer item (my dealer is part of a largish group) and does not upset vw too much, they were asking £450, all be it you can haggle for a lower rate as i did on my current car
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
HantsMan

Post by HantsMan »

andecoro wrote: Does anyone know if this is worthwhile as it seems to cost around £600 for three years ?
Try http://www.click4gap.co.uk

Term: 3 years
Claim Limit: £20000
Total Premium: £217