Yip,squeaky boot

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
happymum67
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

Yip,squeaky boot

Post by happymum67 »

Hi all, Anybody gotta squeaky boot like me? I got my wife to drive it to see if I could locate it.Lying in the back with the seats down I still couldnt find it.Then I got her to release the hatch,the noise went away?? Once parked I studied the car with hatch open.I think I found it.The black plastic casing on top of the rear lights creaks when you press it so that vibrates when the car is moving.I drove down from Oban to Glasgow Yesterday and jammed a woollen hat in either side before shutting the hatch,problem solved.But my heads cold now!! Goin for a srevice this month so will see how they fix it??
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Yip,squeaky boot

Post by Shaun »

When i first got the car i noticed that the boot lights did rub against the bumber and the body surround, it wasn't something i could hear from the car when driving though, i fixed mine with some invisible anti stone chip tape (like the helicopter blade tape).
happymum67
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

Post by happymum67 »

Forgot to say,anybody else had this prob? How was it sorted? I dont mind if they remove the lights and pack something behind the black plastic,ie Velcro
happymum67

Post by happymum67 »

Weird eh? Seems to have got worse over time.Standing pressing it I can hear it.The wifes not happy,she drives it more than me and she didnt want rid of the pevious car,beemer { No use in snow} No use in Scotland then
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

happymum67 wrote:Forgot to say,anybody else had this prob? How was it sorted? I dont mind if they remove the lights and pack something behind the black plastic,ie Velcro
Dont put anything that will hold water in it like velcro, especially on the metal parts as water and the rubbing may help the onset of rust, my suggestion works.
happymum67

Post by happymum67 »

Thanks for that. As I said,its due the first service end of month.Will prob leave it till then and see what they suggest? New lights maybe?lol
happymum67

Post by happymum67 »

Also,its not that the black plastic is rubbing off anything. Its just creaking when pressed. Like the plastics went brittle
Thanks
Iain