What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by trix »

BadBoy wrote:whats the spec? colour, etc?
I could say the same to you BB ;)

delivery estimates will vary from dealer to dealer; one may have allocation left over whereas another may not, one may have a demo car on order that they can tweak to the customers spec so its already in the planning schedule another may have to order it from scratch. the best you can do is ring round or visit as many dealers in the local area or tha tyou are willing to travel to and find out what their delivery estimate is

S
BadBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Post by BadBoy »

trix wrote:
BadBoy wrote:whats the spec? colour, etc?
I could say the same to you BB ;)

delivery estimates will vary from dealer to dealer; one may have allocation left over whereas another may not, one may have a demo car on order that they can tweak to the customers spec so its already in the planning schedule another may have to order it from scratch. the best you can do is ring round or visit as many dealers in the local area or tha tyou are willing to travel to and find out what their delivery estimate is

S
hehe trix, all the dealers local to me 3 AC and one verve said the same, but never actually checked on their system.

anyway, this is the spec offered to me, pre reg delivery miles available oct 9

Candy White gt 2.0tsi DSG
Leather
DAB
Rear sensors
Pana Roof
Cruise

What I wanted was one with leather, rear sensors and folding mirrors, but will cost more and will take longer to get.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

are you bothered about it being brand new? worth having a look on the used car locator at the moment as that stock should be able to be moved around between dealers

S
caprinolaw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Scirocco Floors Mats, Boot Liner

Post by caprinolaw »

What is the "name" and format of the reference number i would need to give the dealer in order for them to provide me with an update on my Rocco's build date etc.

I have pruchased mine through a leasing company and I am pressing them for it, but need to know what to specifically ask for.

Cheers in advance!
Jay.

30.06.2010 - Rocco ordered.
09.09.2010 - Rocco delivered.
BadBoy
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Post by BadBoy »

trix wrote:are you bothered about it being brand new? worth having a look on the used car locator at the moment as that stock should be able to be moved around between dealers

S
TBH, no. I just got a dealer to find one for me with folding mirrors, leather and sensors for list price on a 60 plate (No discount!).

Think im going for the pre reg with delivery miles and manually fold the mirrors.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

caprinolaw wrote:What is the "name" and format of the reference number i would need to give the dealer in order for them to provide me with an update on my Rocco's build date etc.
you need your comission number (sometimes referred to as COM number) which is 6 digits and not the same as on your order form.
it may be difficult to get this as you have gone through a lease company as I would think they would have to contact someone else to ascertain it and ring up back which may seem like far to much legwork for you so be prepared for a no.

BB
there are some 59 plates on the used car locator on the VW site, have a look & weight them up against your budget and current deals on the table :)

S
caprinolaw

Post by caprinolaw »

trix wrote:
caprinolaw wrote:What is the "name" and format of the reference number i would need to give the dealer in order for them to provide me with an update on my Rocco's build date etc.
you need your comission number (sometimes referred to as COM number) which is 6 digits and not the same as on your order form.
it may be difficult to get this as you have gone through a lease company as I would think they would have to contact someone else to ascertain it and ring up back which may seem like far to much legwork for you so be prepared for a no.

BB
there are some 59 plates on the used car locator on the VW site, have a look & weight them up against your budget and current deals on the table :)

S
Scrap that - just got off the phone to the leasing company and my Rocco will be delivered to my front door within the next 2 weeks. get the exact date and vehicle registration on Tuesday (31st)

SOOOO HAPPY!! :clap:
Jay.

nicknotts
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Folding Mirrors, Vienna Leather, Winter pack, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator and Fiscon Basic Plus...

Post by nicknotts »

Placed my order 3rd July, build week was confirmed as this week, week 35 mid July... all on track according to dealer... so if built by end of week any idea how long it will take to be delivered to the dealer in Loughborough, UK?!? 8 weeks down now... only a few to go I hope!! :)
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

nicknotts wrote:so if built by end of week any idea how long it will take to be delivered to the dealer in Loughborough, UK?!?
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=5619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The_Roc
Options: Panaroof,xenons,truffle leather

Post by The_Roc »

Hi guys im from South Africa, I placed my order early August (around the 5th) and was told it would take anywhere from 3-6 months :cry:
Last edited by The_Roc on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
honnyfez
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Parking Sensors

Post by honnyfez »

nicknotts wrote:Placed my order 3rd July, build week was confirmed as this week, week 35 mid July... all on track according to dealer... so if built by end of week any idea how long it will take to be delivered to the dealer in Loughborough, UK?!? 8 weeks down now... only a few to go I hope!! :)

I ordered mine on 4th July and it arrived last week so hopefully you'll get it any time now. Give 'em a ring. It could be waiting there now.
nicknotts
Options: Folding Mirrors, Vienna Leather, Winter pack, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator and Fiscon Basic Plus...

Post by nicknotts »

Well, just had a call from the garage to say the car is now in production... so accoring to the boat schedule mine should leave on the 7th September... so hopefully be with my dealer by mid to end of September.... patience isnt a virtue, patience is waiting for my new Scirocco!! :)
caprinolaw

Post by caprinolaw »

Have just spoken to dealer and my car is being delivered to my door on the 9th September! :D
Jay.

nixnixxin
Options: Rear parking sensors, multifunction s/wheel, front fogs, electric folding wing mirrors, 19" interlago's, indium grey, rear heat insulated windows & cruise control. Also wanted carpet mats but was advised I could purchase them via the parts dept.

Post by nixnixxin »

I got a reciept dated 15/08/2010, not sure what my build date is but the VW dealer in West London VW
said he's been told to state it could be up to 6 months due to the DSG gearbox. With a bit of luck it might be here for Xmas. As its my Birthday in mid December, Hopefully that'll be Xmas & my Birthday & Motor all in 1. Fingers Crossed.
s10am

Post by s10am »

week 37 apparently
nixnixxin
Options: Rear parking sensors, multifunction s/wheel, front fogs, electric folding wing mirrors, 19" interlago's, indium grey, rear heat insulated windows & cruise control. Also wanted carpet mats but was advised I could purchase them via the parts dept.

Post by nixnixxin »

thanks.
Douchebag
Options: None, because I'm a tight bugger.

Post by Douchebag »

Anybody got an idea of current lead times?

Ordered mine today with the lease company & they think it will be mid to late November
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

sounds about right

S
The_Roc
Options: Panaroof,xenons,truffle leather

Post by The_Roc »

Could someone advise on the time it takes from placement of order, to the time the order is on the VW factory's system, bearing in mind dealer slots.
Toonman555a
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
Options: 18" rims + Winter Pack

Post by Toonman555a »

Mine's build date is 41. Anyone care to estimate when I'll get delivery?

Cheers