What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CleanDiesel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:31 am

When I ordered mine in September it was expected delivery late January/early February.

I've not got a build date yet.

You might get it by Christmas, fingers crossed.
CleanDiesel
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:55 pm
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:50 am

Wow.. That is a very long time!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:52 am

CandyCupcake wrote:Got a phone call from my dealer last night to confirm mine is getting built the first week of Feb! Far too excited now, will be even worse when I know it physically exists!


When did you place your order candy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CleanDiesel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm

I was pulling your leg.

Mine was built 5/6 weeks after order so early March sounds about right.

It took 3 to 4 weeks after that for the keys to end up in my hand.
CleanDiesel
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:55 pm
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Not cool diesel, my heart sank! Haha, I'd never have thought a car could cause such an emotional roller coaster.

Counting down the days!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Mugshot wrote:Nice Candy you wont regret that's candy white I'm guessing?


I actually went for the Oryx white this time round, my last one was Candy though!
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:58 pm

flashash wrote:
CandyCupcake wrote:An R. So I was extremely envious when you picked up yours! I'm going down to see it when they initally get it in, not sure it's a good idea though as I won't want to leave without it :(


Any more news on yours


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nothing as of yet, I'm assuming my next update will be after she's been built!
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Roccy Balboa wrote:
CandyCupcake wrote:Got a phone call from my dealer last night to confirm mine is getting built the first week of Feb! Far too excited now, will be even worse when I know it physically exists!


When did you place your order candy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I ordered mine end of August, however I said I didn't want it until March 2016 so can't really use my order as a good example for time frames unfortunately.
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Guessing for the new plate? And thanks anyway mate!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Yep, exactly! I know it wouldn't matter to some people, but it did for me and I'm not in a rush so didn't mind waiting :)
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby flashash » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:40 pm

CandyCupcake wrote:Yep, exactly! I know it wouldn't matter to some people, but it did for me and I'm not in a rush so didn't mind waiting :)


Right decision. Worth more. I did same but was 2015 - 2016


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flashash
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Received my 5a text last friday, so been 6 days since that. Any ideas as to the expected time until 5b and so on?
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Dazarooni » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Roccy Balboa wrote:Received my 5a text last friday, so been 6 days since that. Any ideas as to the expected time until 5b and so on?


You won't get a 5b text.

This was my experience and it's quite similar to most other folk

18 Sept: Your order has progressed to stage 5a of 7 (in transit: left factory)

3 Oct: Your order has progressed to stage 6 of 7 (arrived in the UK)

9 October: you order has progressed to stage 7 of 7 (your car has arrived)
Dazarooni
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:58 pm
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but my car was built in the first week of Feb and the garage took delivery of it on Friday :)
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Dazarooni wrote:
You won't get a 5b text.

This was my experience and it's quite similar to most other folk

18 Sept: Your order has progressed to stage 5a of 7 (in transit: left factory)

3 Oct: Your order has progressed to stage 6 of 7 (arrived in the UK)

9 October: you order has progressed to stage 7 of 7 (your car has arrived)


Perfect, exactly what I was looking for, will obviously fluctuate but helps a lot. Not sure if it's me, but I'm weary of the increase of orders due to the new plates coming out.

Again, not sure if it's me just being worried. Getting increasingly impatient, and there's a 99.9% chance that I'm just creating completely insane assumptions!
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:55 pm

CandyCupcake wrote:Don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but my car was built in the first week of Feb and the garage took delivery of it on Friday :)


Friday being today? If so, have you already set the tent up next to it ready for the 1st of March?
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Roccy Balboa wrote:
CandyCupcake wrote:Don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but my car was built in the first week of Feb and the garage took delivery of it on Friday :)


Friday being today? If so, have you already set the tent up next to it ready for the 1st of March?


Nope, Friday being last week! :eyepop: I was in Norway until Monday, so I went down and saw her Monday. So now I am wishing the days away until March 1st!! :hyper:
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:14 pm

CandyCupcake wrote:
Roccy Balboa wrote:
CandyCupcake wrote:Don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but my car was built in the first week of Feb and the garage took delivery of it on Friday :)


Friday being today? If so, have you already set the tent up next to it ready for the 1st of March?


Nope, Friday being last week! :eyepop: I was in Norway until Monday, so I went down and saw her Monday. So now I am wishing the days away until March 1st!! :hyper:


Wow, that is quick!

So what day exactly did you receive your 5a (sorry for the interrogating!) :D

Did you take any pictures? I've got a similar spec to you, was just wondering how the 90 tints looked! :clap:
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby CandyCupcake » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:08 pm

I didn't sign up to the text message services I can't comment on that sorry :(

The pictures are in the dark so can't really be appreciated but I will be bombarding the forum with them when I pick her up! :D You will happy with the 90% tints, I had them on my sold scirocco and loved them!
CandyCupcake
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Postby Roccy Balboa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:18 pm

CandyCupcake wrote:I didn't sign up to the text message services I can't comment on that sorry :(

The pictures are in the dark so can't really be appreciated but I will be bombarding the forum with them when I pick her up! :D You will happy with the 90% tints, I had them on my sold scirocco and loved them!


Its been two and a half weeks, still no stage 6 update!

Been hunting around for what ship it would be on but no luck! Im from South London so I took a wild guess at it being delivered to Sheerness? No sign of a Boat from Emden there!

Would anybody know what ship it might be on?
Roccy Balboa
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Electric Mirrors
Tinted Rear Windows

PreviousNext

Return to General Scirocco Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Jamieanderson92 and 47 guests