What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
mickscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" lugano black style pack ,mats,Alloy pedals,Door sills, remap stage 1

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by mickscirocco »

When you say goes firm on build wk, what do you mean, they told me yesterday week 32 mid august.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

it will currently only be estimated
as the build week gets closer & they know what stock they will have of the various parts at the factory & what cars are on order requiring those parts, they will be able to confirm & fix the build week this happens 3-4 weeks before the actual build week
until the build week is confirmed it is subject to fluctuation due to the factory operating a just in time manufacturing process

S
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Your current build week number is not necessarily definite in the VW Ordering System. It is VW's best planning guess given the current supply situation

The point about that post in the link is that ALL the parts have to come together from across Europe. If one supplier is short they will adjust the build date of the the Sciroccos affected. When it gets about 4 weeks before the actual build, the build complete week will go firm and definite. Until then that week number you've been given can change, sometimes not at all, sometimes a week or two and sometimes months.

Build Week Number Updating

If you get it on the week originally assigned, then you will have done well compared others.
It all depends on which Scirocco model, engine, options you've ordered. We've all gone through it.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
mrbojangles
In: Rising Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos, parking sensors, multifunction steering wheel, electric folding mirrors, mats

Post by mrbojangles »

Just got my estimated build week - 33

If I've understood the process (explained on the forum), that would mean it is finished by end of week 33 (so 22nd August) and a two to three week delivery timeframe would mean I receive it by 12th September.

Overall, that would be thirteen weeks from order to handover

Obviously that is on the massive assumption that the build week sticks thou...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

yup, nail. head. mrbojangles :yes:
also based on shipping schedules

S
martinTDI140
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat nav with dynaudio, cruise control, folding mirrors, winter pack with cloth trim

Post by martinTDI140 »

Well tomorrow is the day :)) Collection day! Think of me at 4pm picking up my shiny new Red Scirocco, sorry to rub it in. Thanks to everyone one for their input into the site and for the feedback re delivery etc.

My dealer (Wolsey Ipswich) have been fantastic. I'm lucky enough to have a great boss who loves cars and said yes to Scirocco company car :) My dealer has been very professional all the way through. We only ordered the car at the beginning of May and they said 8 to 12 weeks delivery. I've asked them about the lead for my I phone / pod and have been told it comes with the car now. No trying to sell me one or give me BS!! If you want to deal with a professional outfit give them a ring.

I'll post some pics when I finally get my hands on him. I've got the scirocco central stickers already to put in the rear window :))

Martin.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

martinTDI140 wrote:I'll post some pics when I finally get my hands on him. I've got the scirocco central stickers already to put in the rear window :))
fantastic priorities there Martin :yes:
VchrisW

Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by VchrisW »

I oredered mine last Wednesday with a delivery date of week starting the 26th July. How ever mine isn't being built to my own spec, I believe it is one which is just ready to go thus the shorter lead time (I couldn't wait months for this car it would drive me insane!)

Similarly to the above poster I'm aware that VW are rolling out a new IT system from Germany, and with this they are unable to tax and register cars, thus the wait for mine.

I work in IT myself and I know that if I told any of my clients that their core business system was going to be out of action for two weeks I'd lose them as a client so I'm not sure what VW are playing at with this and am surprised that they arn't able to tax and register the car manually!

Prior to looking at the Scirocco I looked at the Golf, and the lead time for a new one is December, seems that it ain't just the Scirocco that is having delivery issues. I'm hopeful that the dealer will come through with mine on the correct date as I've already sold my car and am currently renting. If not I could be in a bit of a fix!!!

I'll update once their system goes live, hope everyone gets good news sooon!!!

Chris
martinTDI140
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat nav with dynaudio, cruise control, folding mirrors, winter pack with cloth trim

Post by martinTDI140 »

HI Chris.

When I collected Rocky last Friday my delaer told me about the IT changes within Volkswagen. He's had lots of fleet customers calling to try and get cars ordered before the system went offline. He told me there would be a couple of weeks where they could not check on cars etc. I agree with you, you would expect someone like VW to get their act together. THey have agreat product but don't seem to be able to get it to the customer in any reasonable sort of time frame. I was very lucky with my order and dealer me thinks. They amended an order in the system to my spec and got it built quickly. Our car is on contract hire with VW so that may have helped!

Hang in there, you won't be disappointed!

Martin.
Tempest
Options: DAB, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors

Post by Tempest »

I am getting mine through a leasing company and have a week 30 build date with anticipated delivery first week in September - I think that sounds about right...
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:wave: hi Tempest
yes that sounds about right

S
Tempest
Options: DAB, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors

Post by Tempest »

Thanks for the welcome :D
Searchin4aRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

I'll still be monitoring this part of the Forum, but since my Scirocco has been in my hands for a couple of days now, it's appropriate that I post up my thanks to RW1, Trix and others for steering me through the whole process of Build Weeks, Estimated Delivery Dates, Shipping Schedules, etc., etc. and making it such an interesting adventure.

You have been tremendous!

In fact, on one of my last visits to the Dealership from which I purchased the car, I showed them how it was possible to track the transit of a batch of Sciroccos from Setubal to Sheerness, etc..

They were highly impressed!

Thanks again to all you guys!! :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Thank you, been pleasure to take some of the anxiety pain out of your wait ;).
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Cheers Searching' now you are aware of the process feel free to assist in reassuring others ;)

S
Simon_T
Options: DVD SATNAV
DYNA AUDIO 300 WATT SYSTEM UPGRADE
CRUISE CONTROL
BURY BLUETOOTH PREPARATION
ROOF MOUNTED BARS AND CYCLE CARRIER
FLOOR MATS
BOOT LINER
3 YEARS SERVICING

comments please

Post by Simon_T »

build week was 28 and was informed that it commenced on the 12th july
just had a txt from vw dealer which looks a bit greek to me...saying.
just to let you know that your car is now is build and will keep you updated.
many thanks..
so is it complete? or have they actually just started to build it?

comments please lol. :fall:
Hughesy88
Options: Interlagos, fog lights, sat nav, tints, leather

Re: comments please

Post by Hughesy88 »

The week date is the date at which the building is completed apparantly? say +4weeks for it to arrive at the dealers. but wait till 1st of sept for new reg. thats what i am doing
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

fat finger error he means in build so it is acknowledge as started on their system

S
Simon_T
Options: DVD SATNAV
DYNA AUDIO 300 WATT SYSTEM UPGRADE
CRUISE CONTROL
BURY BLUETOOTH PREPARATION
ROOF MOUNTED BARS AND CYCLE CARRIER
FLOOR MATS
BOOT LINER
3 YEARS SERVICING

Post by Simon_T »

thanks trix and i can see you can interpret sausage finger dealer texting...lol.

Yes Hughesy thats what im doing mate waiting till sept 1st
Jerry77
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
Options: Leather, PDC, 18" Intrerlagos, RCD 510, Auto AC, Tinted tail lights from R, Scirocco door sills, alloy pedals, xenons, painted interior, Eisenmann Catback exhaust, VWR air filter and VWR quickshift, optimization engine map MTM 270hp / 358Nm

Post by Jerry77 »

I ordered my one last Thursday in Prague Cz, where I live and they told me, week 40. will be build and than 3 weeks for transport.
2,0 TSI GT, 210hp (dyno 238,5hp) manual gearbox, Maroon (Sumatra) metalic paint, black leather, PDC, 18" Intrerlagos, alloy pedals, xenons, painted interior, Eisenmann exhaust, ITG panel filter, VWR quickshift, remap MTM 270hp/358Nm, MTM carpets