Scirocco - Common Questions

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Snikers10
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: Scirocco - Common Questions

Post by Snikers10 »

Is this normal? As shown below I have some open wires /components under the accelerator pedal. Causes no issues just wanted to check if anyone else has this.
2015 1.4 tsi

Cheers Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
vladandrei51
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

I have them too.
marius.dascal
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: climate control etc

High beam voltage drop one side only

Post by marius.dascal »

Hi guys, just installed a pair of led bulbs in my dipped beams , only got one side fitted as the other turned out to be a different fitment(for reason I don’t know) and after setting off to go home thinking the error in the dash was the new bulb I find out it’s my high beam bulb(another led). I thought maybe I might have moved something but no after checking and unplugging and re testing it was not coming back. Keep in mind this is only one side and the other high beam is working. I then took my multimeter turned the high beams on and tested the voltage, at certain points it was saying 15v were on the line and then dropping back down to 0 and back up . While the other beam was on with no issues. I tried different bulbs even going back to halogen and then I tried testing the voltage with no bulb in at all and same story. What is going on please god let somebody know about this bizarre issue. Also I should add I have checked the fuses and they all seem ok. I’ve had issues with fuses melting before and taking down half of the cars lights with it but that was not only one bulb.
varias55
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: No options yet

Post by varias55 »

Hello guys, I have the opportunity to buy 1.4 TSI Twincharger - with 150,000 Km and I'm reading horror stories about this engine. Would you go for it? The owner seems reliable and the engine had some minor services.
Rocco_77
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Nav

Wobble when going over rough ground

Post by Rocco_77 »

Hi all,

Just purchased my first Scirocco 64 plate TSI. Really pleased with the car but I seem to have a slight 'wobble noise' (the only way I can describe it) coming from the car when I go over uneven surfaces. Don't get the noise when I go over speed humps straight on. If I go over a speed hump at an angle you can hear the noise or if a go over small potholes or rough ground again the noise is there. Like I said it's really slight but it's started to get on my nerves. If it's something like the boot or even an interior part I can handle it. I'm just worried it might be from the suspension.

Also small phantom small brown stains back of the rear seats. I just read something briefly that it could be hook's within the boot rusting away?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Steve
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Steve,

This "wobble noise" - is it a bit like a banging sound? Have you checked if one of the springs has broken; they are not the strongest components across the VW range....

With the brown stains on the back seat, I would fold the back seat down and check out the visible metalwork around the seat base / hinge section, you could be right about the rusting of a couple of steel loops located there.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith