Teething Issues

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Teething Issues

Post by rehmondo »

rvarcoe wrote:Anyone else struggling with the EPC of Death?!
No I haven't had it on my Scirocco (touch wood), however I have had it in my Golf, so count your blessings the car is under warranty, as otherwise you'd be expected to pay £65+VAT everytime the light comes on - they may not replace anything, they may not fix anything but thats the "investigation charge"

If it happens to my Scirocco out of Warranty I'm just going to buy the VAG-COM cable and "investigate" the issue myself.

One thing I learnt from the Golf was that the EPC light turns itself off once the sensor that triggered the fault works without fault the next 100 times or so.

Since your car is new, I'd keep taking it back to them everytime and demand that they pick up/drop off etc if you find the trips to the garage are out of your way.
biggles
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Black leather, winter pack,dsg.

Post by biggles »

I took my car in with no MW radio reception and the remote boot release usually needed 2 goes to release the bootlid. Both fixed within 2 hours. Apparently the MW thing is a well known problem which there is a modification. Otherwise i love everything about the car, makes me smile every time i see it!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

biggles think stan_blade has had similar problems with the boot catch
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

i think I read someone said you have to keep your finger on the boot release rather than plipping it. Dunno if that helps.
stan_blade
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Post by stan_blade »

Yes you have to hold the button for a second or two. I'm hoping my boot has fixed itself though, as I have been having instant success the last half dozen or so times I have used the key fob to gain access. So I dont know if it was just a bit sticky, or perhaps it was the slightly colder weather.... 8)
Anyway, if it starts misbehaving again, I will be giving the dealer a call.
biggles

Post by biggles »

I thought it may have been that too, i then tried holding longer and longer with no success. I never usually use the boot release button on the door, but when it was no different i presumed it was the latch it'self......and so it turned out to be. Dealer had the same prob on their demo.

Biggles
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

biggles wrote:I thought it may have been that too, i then tried holding longer and longer with no success. I never usually use the boot release button on the door, but when it was no different i presumed it was the latch it'self......and so it turned out to be. Dealer had the same prob on their demo.

Biggles
i noticed that on the showroom model, theres a catch in the cabin to open the boot, but when you go to open it, the boot releases, but wont then open by hand, is this normal?
biggles

Post by biggles »

According to my dealer it isn't normal. I think they re-adjusted the catch it'self on my car. Works first time every time now from key fob or door panel! :yes:
rvarcoe
Options: None, all as standard.

Post by rvarcoe »

My Scirocco came back from The Verve on 18th December, all faults clear and car driving normally - this evening however, the EPC light made a re-appearance, lasting for two journeys before clearing. I have tried speaking to VW Customer Services, but they only seem to act as a middle-man between me and the garage... Hopefully tomorrow the car will be driving normally so I can make the journey to Cornwall to see my family, then I'll take it back to the garage I bought it from and see if they can help.... the gloss is really starting to wear thin now. Rich.
rvarcoe

Post by rvarcoe »

Driving fine last night and this morning. I started my journey south. EPC light appears whilst driving in outside lane of M6, power drains and I safely and thankfully manage to pull over. It's one thing for this to happen on my usual slow crawl to work, but to happen at speed is quite harrowing. VW assist tell me not to continue my journey,and I now have two hour wait until VW arrive. I will not be driving this vehicle again. I sincerely hope none of you experience this, Rich
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

What a bummer, hope the problem gets sorted soon and for good, please keep us up-to-date with developments.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
rvarcoe

Post by rvarcoe »

VW Assist (RAC) did a very good job today. After my initial two hour wait, the 'roc was quickly diagnosed as undrivable as one of the two throttle valves was not reporting it's position to the ECU due to a break/bad section in one of the wires in the loom. He took me to a service station to pick up a sandwich to tide me over until a flat-bed truck could collect me. An hour later the loader arrived. Five hours and another flat-bed later I am back at home with the family and the car is waiting to be booked in on Monday.

I asked the VW Assist guy to explain how he got to his conclusion and so rapidly, so he showed me using his VAG-PC machine. Sure enough the throttle valve gave no response until I moved the loom around and a 'sweet spot' produced the expected result - a reading.

Why haven't the garage worked this out in three visits, yet a roadside patrol tracked it down in less than five minutes?? Hopefully an easy fix. Will keep you posted. Rich
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Give the dealership some sh*t on Monday and ask for some compensation for a spoiled weekend.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

rvacoe, if I were in your shoes, I'd ask for a new car mate, they can easily provide another car within days given the spec you have - you have the chance now to bargain for a better spec at the same price since you've had a horrid time with your brand new purchase.