Navigation and audio info no longer showing on MFD screen

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
DRobbo92
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Navigation and audio info no longer showing on MFD screen

Post by DRobbo92 »

Bit of an odd issue , but I noticed today that on my MFD when I scroll through I no longer have any information for the audio or navigation sections. The media unit I have is the RNS510 and everything on that is working fine. But it’s no longer sending the info to the MFD. The MFD is the colour screen version.

I did have my battery changed the other day and I also had my garage plug in there VCDS today as I’ve been having issues with the car intermittently unlocking itself. Could either of those be what’s caused the issue and more importantly does anyone know how to fix the issue? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Navigation and audio info no longer showing on MFD scree

Post by Cuprabob »

Sounds as if the coding has changed, either due to the battery being disconnected or when the garage had VCDS connected. You'll need to have it recoded to display those functions on the MFD..

A couple of times on my car I've lost the audio and the phone display on the MFD only for them to reappear the following day, so give it a couple of days just in case your luck is in.
DRobbo92
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey

Post by DRobbo92 »

Cuprabob wrote:Sounds as if the coding has changed, either due to the battery being disconnected or when the garage had VCDS connected. You'll need to have it recoded to display those functions on the MFD..

A couple of times on my car I've lost the audio and the phone display on the MFD only for them to reappear the following day, so give it a couple of days just in case your luck is in.

My luck was in it appears . I was driving it this morning, clicked the cruise control on and as I did I noticed the little arrow in the top left corner of the MFD had came back telling me wether I’m going north/south/east/west, which had also disappeared , so I scrolled through and both screens had also came back … RESULT! lol
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Good result :)