Key Transponder at fault?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Solosheep

Key Transponder at fault?

Post by Solosheep »

Hello

Long time since I’ve posted here. But my Sirocco 2009 TSI still running well. However I have a small query with one of the key fobs. Since I’ve change the battery it only works to open the car if you have the fob over the drivers window any further away it will not open. My other fob is working fine at any distance. As a test I swapped the internal transponder to the other key to check it was not a battery fault or a connection fault.

Once I did this It was the same result the faulty fob did not work in the case of the working fob.

So I suspect the circuit board has a problem with the transponder in the faulty fob. My question is is it possible to buy one of these transponders and reprogram this age of Sirocco yourself? As I have seen blank keys on eBay for about £50 etc

Or is it best to seek out somebody like Craig Nettleton at Auto solutions?

Thanks for the advice.
Solosheep

Re: Key Transponder at fault?

Post by Solosheep »

Advice?
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes you can just buy a second hand key and program it on your car.
Just switch the key blade and immo transponder over.
Solosheep

Post by Solosheep »

Thanks for the reply. But I think the transponder is the issue. It will only work about 2 foot from Steering column. But it’s not the battery that’s at the issue.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

The glass transponder with immo data is only read close by the steering column.
I think your 434 MHz transponder unit is not ok.
Solosheep

Post by Solosheep »

Yeah this is what I’m thinking so what would be next steps? Is it back to VW or the place I mentioned in the first post? Just trying to get an understanding.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

I would go to a second party in stead of VW, they will probably rip you off for this and only want to use new parts.
Solosheep

Post by Solosheep »

Ok sounds the best option. Are you aware of Craig Nettleton at Auto solutions? Saw other posts here on him. I suspect I can’t order a blank key and do it myself if I have a working key already right?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

You can always try if you have the software.
Im living in another country and not aware of his services.

This is a how to program a key (opening and closing doors)

- Put one key in the ignition on acc 1 (no running engine) and hold the remote you want to learn in your hand.
- Go to module 09 central electronics
- Go to adaptation channel 00
- Press read, there will be a textbox this will clear all learned remote keys. The new value will be 00 and press save & done go back
- Go to adaptation channel 01 change the new value to the number of keys you want to learn. I did one a a time so put in 1 in the text box.
- Press save and now hold the unlock button of the new key in your hand for a few seconds. According to rosstech the indicator has to flash now but on mine it did nothing.
- Press on done go back within 15 seconds

Now test the keys and repeat the proces if needed. Put the working key in the ignition and hold the unlearned one in your hand.
Solosheep

Post by Solosheep »

Super will give that a go.