Battle with the 1.4TSI.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

Battle with the 1.4TSI.

Postby BishBashBacon » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:38 am

Hello all,

Firstly I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who posts here. Without your time taken to help, I would not be in the position I'm in now with the knowledge I have.
Apologies if this seems long winded, but much like many of the posts have helped me, I am positive I can help someone in the future.

On the 28/11/2020 I purchased a 2010 1.4Tsi with 57k miles. After only performing 227miles the ECU light and the catalytic converter light appeared on the dashboard. This resulted in an engine misfire and ultimately deeming the car unusable and not fit for purpose. :no:

I contacted Citizens Advice who have been extremely helpful thus far and helped me create an email which was sent to the company whom I bought the car off, stating under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, my rights have been breached and they should repair the car at their own cost. Furthermore, they should collect the vehicle and return it repaired with no expense to myself. They also advise to ask about their complaints process and if they're part of an ADR scheme if it has to go any further.

I received a stating the car comes with a premium warranty for 6 months and that I should contact them to start the process. They did not mention anything regarding their complaints procedure or an ADR scheme.
Following more conversations with Citizens Advice, I am entitled to receive a repair at their cost without going through the warranty company and could take the matter further by threatening them with court action.

Like many before me, I scoured the internet and fell upon this forum with countless posts regarding the model in question. The steps I have taken:

Taken to local garage who stated a misfire in one of the cylinders. They did not perform any maintenance on the car as the garage is not VAT registered.
I have spoken with Citizens Advice and sent an email to the company asking for a repair with no expense to myself.
Gathered evidence of the design flawed parts having been revised from 2009 - 2012 thanks to this forum.

Possible next steps: Send a second email to the company threatening with court action if they do not abide by Consumer Rights Act, 2015. However, this option worries me slightly. What's to stop them from doing the bare minimum to make it road worthy and have it happening again (another cylinder misfire).

What do we think? I appreciate the time you've taken to read this.

Best.
BishBashBacon

I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Return to General Scirocco Talk