1.4TSI not running properly

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Tonimariex95
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Body kit

1.4TSI not running properly

Post by Tonimariex95 »

New member here, I have trawled the internet and you tube trying to find out what my problem is and just wanted an opinion of some Volkswagen experts!
So I have a scirocco 2010 plate 1.4TSI 160bhp. No modifications to the engine, I’ve had the car for a year with no problems. I was driving on the motorway saturday and all of a sudden the car wouldn’t rev up at all. I turned it off and started it again, it was running fine for about 5 minutes then it jerked, epc light came on and it wouldn’t rev over 3k, managed to get home just about but the car was driving awful.
Had it plugged in and it brought up error code p0087 and p2293. Fuel pressure low, I was advised it was the fuel regulator which I’ve now had changed. Yesterday when the part was changed the car was driving beautiful for a good hour then boom same problem again, wouldn’t rev over 3 and the car was cutting out :grumpy:
Plugged it in and the same error codes are coming up. I have uploaded what the diagnostic reads. (The other codes are silly codes like air con, speaker not working)

I’ve ordered a sensor and have just taken it for a new fuel filter.
Does anybody have any other ideas what the problem could be? I will be amazed if just a fuel filter is causing this problem. I just want my lovely car back driving properly :cry:

Any advice would be massively appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eenbadendaap
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak

Re: 1.4TSI not running properly

Post by eenbadendaap »

Not sure if I had the same error codes but a few months ago I had the same thing:

- Couldn't drive faster then 120km/h
- Fully pressing down the pedal but 120 km/h was the max speed.

Turned out that my turbo was done for, replaced it and all was good again.

+ replacing my coils + spark plugs while i was at it.

Best thing to do is go to a garage where you are comfortable with and let them check it out to be sure.
Tonimariex95

Post by Tonimariex95 »

That does sound like what is happening with mine.
The epc light comes on which I forgot to mention, it’s been plugged in again today and no fault codes have been found even though the car is still running in limp mode :grumpy:

The VW mechanic has advised changing the pump inside the fuel tank. If that doesn’t work I will get the turbo changed.
Thank you for answering my post
Tonimariex95

Post by Tonimariex95 »

I also never had this problem or any problems until I had the car serviced about 3 weeks ago. I’m wondering if they have fitted dodgy spark plugs or something.
eenbadendaap
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak

Post by eenbadendaap »

Did you ask the VW mechanic to take a look at the turbo ?

And how many miles/km’s has your car done ?

Mine is a 2010 122pk with 250km’s done. Had the turbo replaced with around 245km.

It shouldn’t be that big of a problem with shitty spark plugs though but you can always check yourself if replacement is needed, done it myself watching YouTube videos..saves you some money :)