Is the VAG DPF app compatible with Scirocco engines?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
DrSpongebobz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box

Is the VAG DPF app compatible with Scirocco engines?

Post by DrSpongebobz »

It is used to manage your dpf when it is going to regen and when it has last done it.Would be very useful imo as dpf can be a pain.
Have tried the free version but could not get it to work and cant seem to find the engine code for my 2016 scirocco gt 2.0 litre 150bhp tdi anywhere.
Anyone used this app or maybe know the engine code for my scirocco?Have looked in the manual but no code shows any resemblance to an engine code.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Is the VAG DPF app compatible with Scirocco engines?

Post by Cuprabob »

Don't know about the app but you should be able to find the engine code on the build sticker stuck on the boot floor next to to spare wheel well and there is normally a copy ofvthe sticker stuck on the inside of the service booklet.
DrSpongebobz

Post by DrSpongebobz »

Yeah I had a look at them but none of the codes resemble anything of an engine code compared to the codes used for other Volkswagen cars ,bit weird.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

DrSpongebobz wrote:Yeah I had a look at them but none of the codes resemble anything of an engine code compared to the codes used for other Volkswagen cars ,bit weird.
The sticker says "Engine Code : XXXX", however I believe the engine code for the 150PS diesel is "CUUB"
DrSpongebobz

Post by DrSpongebobz »

I dont know mine is blank where the engine code should be.Have the gearbox code lol
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Look on your engine itself or track your car info on internet with license plate.
DrSpongebobz

Post by DrSpongebobz »

Just an update.This app does work,Tells you how much soot and when your next regen is going to happen which you can then adapt your driving to.The engine is is CUUB which the app confirmed.You need to buy a bluetooth adapter if anyone else is interested in something like this.