Das Welt cars

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Innocenti63
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box

Das Welt cars

Post by Innocenti63 »

Anyone bought one? Considering a 2.0 180 GT, only 12k, 67reg, minus point is half a dozen stone chips and small dent on bonnet. The garage says they will respray bonnet. Pirell P-Zeros all round, were these OE tyres?

Oh and hi, thanks for having me on the forum. :)
Deanrocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Heated seats aircon usb

Re: Das Welt cars

Post by Deanrocco »

Hi. Ive had my gt 170 for 2 years and the previous owner had from new and had pirellis on since new. Great tyres for these cars.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
Innocenti63

Post by Innocenti63 »

Thanks Dean, that's good to know.
jordancrx
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: Character

Post by jordancrx »

I got my 2.0 140 GT TDI from them with 20k miles in 2014 and its never missed a beat. Had Pirellis on at the dealership and they were fine, but eventually swapped them out for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy. Had an off-colour rear bumper but I moaned and got them to respray it. Wicked engine with a stage 1 map. Highly reccomend GAP insurance from auto trader as well. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Starlink
Innocenti63

Post by Innocenti63 »

Hi Jordan, one I'm looking at was a VW Financial Services pool car I reckon, wondering how hard it's been driven to get all the stone chips and small dent in 12k?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

My Scirocco came from the factory with P Zeros fitted and they're OK. I now use Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and they are better but more expensive.
jordancrx

Post by jordancrx »

Innocenti63 wrote:Hi Jordan, one I'm looking at was a VW Financial Services pool car I reckon, wondering how hard it's been driven to get all the stone chips and small dent in 12k?
Do you have any pics of the damage? I would imagine that with such a low mileage however the car had been driven would probably not have had an adverse impact on its lifespan. Have you had a look around underneath the car with a flashlight?

Innocenti63

Post by Innocenti63 »

jordancrx wrote:
Innocenti63 wrote:Hi Jordan, one I'm looking at was a VW Financial Services pool car I reckon, wondering how hard it's been driven to get all the stone chips and small dent in 12k?
Do you have any pics of the damage? I would imagine that with such a low mileage however the car had been driven would probably not have had an adverse impact on its lifespan. Have you had a look around underneath the car with a flashlight?

Sorry, no pics, the garage has offered to get the bonnet professionally resprayed and valeted. Anything particularly to look for under the car?
scruffy_
In: Rising Blue
Options: RNS510, Kufatec Bluetooth Prep, Cruise, Parking Sensors, few interior mods.

Post by scruffy_ »

I bought my Rocco from the Das Welt Auto scheme, mixed experience.

Had to make a couple of claims under the warranty, one cheap one was approved however one of the more expensive ones was rejected. I won't go into too many details as I have a case open with the motoring ombudsman, but it has left a bitter taste and I found the support from VW warranty services to be nothing short of insulting.
2010 TDI 140 Rising Blue - For Sale
jordancrx

Post by jordancrx »

Innocenti63 wrote:
jordancrx wrote:

Sorry, no pics, the garage has offered to get the bonnet professionally resprayed and valeted. Anything particularly to look for under the car?
I would just look for damage patterns akin to those stone chips or bits of gravel getting kicked up as that's what you saw on the front. Any excessive corrosion on the backs of the alloys along the tyre seam from being stood in water as that can cause them to slowly deflate. Dings to the exhaust pipe and undercarriage etc.

Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

FYI my last two Scirocco's have been Das Welt and no issues whatsoever that weren't efficiently dealt with - one developed a problem with the seat ratchet and they replaced the seat with no argument; the other had a bad dynaudio speaker and again they just replaced it. I'd be most reluctant to buy one without DasWelt to be honest.
Bill in Norfants
Innocenti63

Post by Innocenti63 »

Thanks guys, bought it yesterday, any issues I'll post here. :yes: