Just Purchased [2013] - Tensioner Worry?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
g98smith
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Heated Tan Leather Seats, Sat-Nav, Reversing Camera

Just Purchased [2013] - Tensioner Worry?

Post by g98smith »

After searching for a while I have finally bought my dream car! It's a 2013, 2.0 GT TSI in Candy White, 36.5k miles on the clock and with heated, tan leather seats; sat nav and reversing camera. Driving up to Glasgow early Saturday morning to collect it and I can't wait.

However, I'm still slightly apprehensive about the known timing chain tensioner issue. I know a few people have quoted the third (and final) revision that VW made to the tensioner was done around May 2012, hence why I opted to wait for a slightly newer car in the hope that I wouldn't have to worry about getting the tensioner updated (or otherwise wait for my engine to go bang).

Just wondering if anyone else owns / has owned a 2012 or newer 2.0 TSI and has had any troubles with their tensioner, or has checked to see if they have the newest part and found that it was still fitted with one of the older, troublesome ones? I know I should be able to get someone to check my engine so that I can be 100% sure but really I am just looking for some reassurance/peace of mind before Saturday :p

Any help/advice is much appreciated, cheers.