Xtrons Head Unit

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Bin-The-L-Plates
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Xtrons Head Unit

Post by Bin-The-L-Plates »

Replaced the standard fit head unit with a Xtrons PR88MTV.
Fitted the head unit on Friday, and found time to install the reverse camera today.
I’ve not bothered with adding DAB yet, as to honest the DAB reception where I live is patchy.
Only addition I opted for was the reversing camera.
The website gives you a 15% discount if you subscribe to the newsletter, or if you’re bothered it is VIP15 at the checkout.

First impressions are very good.
Good start up speed, no more than 15 seconds from a ‘cold start’.
Touch screen works rally well, much better than the VW headunit which was random with it’s sensitivity.
Radio reception is great, and the sound quality is also brilliant, the benefit of having a built in EQ I guess.
Positioned the GPS aerial under he dash trim, and I’m still getting 10 satellites, so very accurate.
It’s great having a built in Sat NAV, especially having Waze, without having to clutter up the dash with screen mounts.
I’m appreciating my Amazon Music, TuneIn Radio App and Podcasts, then there’s extra stuff like Torque and the Google Play Store.

Installation of the head unit is literally a 10 minute job, and so easy. use plug in the wiring harness and its done. The fit in the dash is great and looks original.
Installation of the reverse camera was a bit more trickier, but once I’d sorted out how to wire it up it wasn’t too much bother.
Sadly I didn’t do a video of the installations, but if anyone wants help shout up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paul123kenneth
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: Xtrons Head Unit

Post by paul123kenneth »

Thanks for the write up. I have a facelift 2014 scirocco but xtrons dont show the model as listed. Will these units fit the later cars?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Kelgtar
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Flash Red
With a: Manual box
Options: - Ragazzon full exhaust line + downpipe
- Racingline Air Induction kit
- Stage 1 software
- Pop & Bang

Post by Kelgtar »

oh very nice, I am thinking of buying a new set to replace my RDS315.
Would this fit a 2008?
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Nice details review

Another one on the to do list!
Bin-The-L-Plates
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Post by Bin-The-L-Plates »

paul123kenneth wrote:Thanks for the write up. I have a facelift 2014 scirocco but xtrons dont show the model as listed. Will these units fit the later cars?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
To be honest,I don’t know, you’re better off sending them an email or a quick phone call before buying.