P0236 Higher actual boost Pressure Vs Requested at idle

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Keagan245
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: All extra options

P0236 Higher actual boost Pressure Vs Requested at idle

Post by Keagan245 »

Experienced this problem since last week. Car would idle normally but every 2ish minutes would sputter and almost die but then save itself and idle would return to normal for the next 2 minutes. Only Requested boost would rise with RPM until 710mbar actual boost is reached and then both requested and actual values would continue to rise together. Car runs fine once on the move at all speeds apart from the occasional jerking when pulling off at the lights. Still getting the hang of VCDS but here are the values I’ve chosen on Advanced Measuring blocks. Pictures are too big to upload. Could it be more then just a bad boost pressure sensor?

Boost pressure control(n75) actual = 2%
Boost pressure specified = 300 mbar
Boost pressure actual = 710 mbar
RPM was 747/min

I’m also getting a p0236-000 implausible signal - intermittent
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: P0236 Higher actual boost Pressure Vs Requested at idle

Post by Cuprabob »

Boost Control Valve (N75) is quite a common failure on VAG cars therefore it maybe worth just changing it to see if that cures the issue.
Keagan245
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: All extra options

Re: P0236 Higher actual boost Pressure Vs Requested at idle

Post by Keagan245 »

Will update it once I get the chance to change it on Tuesday and will update you after