Advice on 2011 1.4 TSI 160ps engine.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ace Mally
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: None.

Advice on 2011 1.4 TSI 160ps engine.

Post by Ace Mally »

As the title says I have purchased the 1.4 160 ps / bhp scirocco model, I should of read about the car before I purchased it but stupidly I didn’t. It currently only has 38k miles on it but I have seen posts of people’s engines blowing at ridiculously low miles such as 11k and 28k.

I’ve had a few misfire issues in the 2 months I’ve had it but cheap easy fixes, I see so much trouble with the engines just wondering if it’s even worth keeping the car or just trying to get rid of it as quick as I can? That’s whats the posts are making me wonder. But then some people say they’ve had their engine remapped and everything and have over 100k Miles on theirs.

Need some advice from people who either have owned 160ps models in the past or do now, thanks in advance people!
spuf
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Advice on 2011 1.4 TSI 160ps engine.

Post by spuf »

Hello. It all depends on the type of engine. Early type CAVD are prone to piston failure(among other parts).
Keep it on a short leash and have it checked in case of missfires(compression test is the best in my opinion).
The rest is pure luck. It can go for 100k km, or 50k km, or less.
For other questions, feel free to ask, and maybe you can introduce yourself and your car in the apropiate forum. :D