internal lights, rear wiper, active info display issues!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
relentless

internal lights, rear wiper, active info display issues!

Post by relentless »

hi all,

2010 2.0 TDI GT

Having issues with internal map lights staying on when removing key. These can now only be turned off with the main light switch between them when in the end position, but they no longer fade out or turn off when keys are out.

At the exact same time rear wiper and rear jet wash stopped working, and the centre info display doesn't turn off! Been cold and wet today, never had this before.

I'm sure the info display should turn off when the keys are out?

It seems unlikely its the same fuse? , I wonder if a chance water got into fuse box or elsewhere?

disconnected battery but I think this clears codes? plugged in obd but not pulling any codes, says none.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: internal lights, rear wiper, active info display issues!

Post by Cuprabob »

All 3 symptoms are connected. It sounds as if either the boot is not shut correctly or the microswitch in the boot lock is stuck / faulty.

To confirm, the info display should be displaying an open boot and the indicators should not flash as normal when you lock the car.
relentless

Post by relentless »

Cuprabob, many thanks, just been having a mess with the boot latch mechanism, sprayed some wd40 in and slammed boot a few times and it is now working. I'll sort a replacement.

Incidentally the display didn't show boot open icon.

cheers again for the advice.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Glad to have helped.