Dpf removal Cornwall???

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
jacko17
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box

Dpf removal Cornwall???

Post by jacko17 »

Hi all,

My car is smoking quite badly and I’ve got a leak from the dpf to the turbo. I’m thinking that my dpf could be faulty/blocked so I’m thinking of getting it gutted and deleted.

Does anyone know if anyone does it in the Cornwall area? I know Celtic tuning offer the deleted but not the removal part

TIA
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Re: Dpf removal Cornwall???

Post by Deagol »

You might get some grief from mainstream garages given the hoo-ha over revised MoT testing and emissions / smoking changes. But if yours is already smoking, you've got to do something. RK Engineering in Truro look possible, as does AVS in Redruth (both results courtesy of web search - I've not used either of them but AVS seem to get good reports on Audi-Sport.net)

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
jacko17

Re: Dpf removal Cornwall???

Post by jacko17 »

Thanks for the reply, I’m in Hayle so Redruth is only 10 minutes away. I did do a quick google search and also on Facebook but couldn’t find anything. I’ve got a garage that I go too and they said that if it is visually there they will pass it.

I’m getting a leak from the turbo to dpf. Put a new clamp and gasket on but it still doing the same and the bolt is now covered in black soot. It’s like the dpf is blocked up but it’s not showing up any signs on the dash which is strange.

Thanks