Intermittent Power Loss, Smoke and Juddering TDI 2.0

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
moggal
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Intermittent Power Loss, Smoke and Juddering TDI 2.0

Post by moggal »

Hey all.

I have a 59 plate Scirocco TDI 2.0
I noticed after driving it for a few weeks that it wasn’t as powerful as it should be, coming from a 1.6 Corsa VXR I was pretty unimpressed with the power/speed.
Not knowing much about cars myself I kind of just accepted it. Until one day, when at idle at traffic lights the car was juddering more than I would like it to. The revs went from 800 to a hair under 1k. When this happened the car seemed to have a hell of a lot more boost and power, there is also white/blue-ish smoke comes out of the exhaust when I accelerate.

A few days past and I would get in the car and the revs would be back to normal no juddering, back to having no boost/power and no smoke. I would have low power for a few weeks then it would change and id have power and smoke for a few days until it reverted back.

Also there is a P0029 under boost code on the car which I have been made aware of but I have been told that could be a dozen of different things from boost pipe leaks, to actuator or a bust turbo.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before, any bit of info would be amazing.

Thanks