Centre Console Removal

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Anonymous_JR
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Centre Console Removal

Post by Anonymous_JR »

Just wondering if anybody has any experience removing the centre console, I have removed all the screws now and the console is loose but the handbrake seems to be in the way for me to slide the console out. Anybody attempted this before and knows if the armrest and handbrake have to be removed first?
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Re: Centre Console Removal

Post by salsajoe »

Have a look at this thread. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... cup+holder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous_JR

Post by Anonymous_JR »

Thanks for the info, I’ve come across this thread before and it guides you through most of it but not the actual removal of the centre console, it focuses more on the cup holder, I’m pretty much stuck atm.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

See page 14 and upwards

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mknvsyoy33yue ... r.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous_JR

Post by Anonymous_JR »

Thanks for the guide, just took a look at the diagrams and they seem to show that the handbrake doesn’t need to be removed in order to remove the console but from my experience there is no way of sliding the console out without the handbrake being removed.
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Took mine out to do the cup holder install. From memory you just pull the handbrake as hard as you can, almost vertical, use two hands. Then the console lifts up over the handbrake.
Anonymous_JR

Post by Anonymous_JR »

NIce one. Just replaced the centre console by pulling the handbrake right up, was abit cautious cause felt like the handbrake was gonna snap but it worked. Thanks.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Just like the manual :)