Help with Power Mirror Issue, judder when power folded

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
SMB
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, Parking, Panoramic Roof, Deep Black, Heated Seats, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Dynaudio, 19", Colour display, Electric folding Mirrors, cruise, Parking Sensors

Help with Power Mirror Issue, judder when power folded

Post by SMB »

I have a 2013 Model. R, with power fold mirrors, puddle lights etc No sure if anyone else has had this issue.

I fold the mirrors regularly to access the garage, and the UK Drivers side has developed an issue. When opening and closing the last few cm's of travel both in and out make the mirror judder whilst the motor runs on. I suspect that the gears the motor is turning against have stripped somehow, as there are no fault codes , and the mirror has slight movement on the hinge vs the passenger side. After a few seconds the motor stops. I've taken the mirror cap off but there is nothing obvious to see.

Am I correct to think it's the gears on the motor/mirror assembly , ( Motor runs, no fault codes etc), if so can you buy the motor/gears or basic frame of the mirror without the extra body parts as they are all undamaged. Do anyone have access to the VAG asystem to advise part numbers?

Could there still be am electrical fault that has caused the gears to strip as the motor runs on for a short while?

thanks