Rear silencer delete, opinions?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Rear silencer delete, opinions?

Post by Zanic L3 »

Has anyone done this yet? Does the car become too loud? Does it start droning to much? Does it get too loud?

I'm still looking into getting a miltek catback, but seeing a 120€ is tempting (which is 1/4 of the catback price +-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/VW-Scirocco-2- ... 7017283438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Rear silencer delete, opinions?

Post by Paradox1 »

you will get a louder noise from the resonator delete.

You also get a louder noise and more power from a 3 inch downpipe though
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Paradox1 wrote:you will get a louder noise from the resonator delete.

You also get a louder noise and more power from a 3 inch downpipe though
Oh really? I thought the back muffler/silencer would have a much bigger impact as it's a lot bigger then the middle resonator
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

removing the backbox or resonator will make it louder with no performance gain

Changing the downpipe will give you noise and power
Bops
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green

Post by Bops »

Zanic L3 wrote:Has anyone done this yet? Does the car become too loud? Does it start droning to much? Does it get too loud?

I'm still looking into getting a miltek catback, but seeing a 120€ is tempting (which is 1/4 of the catback price +-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/VW-Scirocco-2- ... 7017283438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I did a rear muffler delete about 3 months ago and left the stock res. It was pretty loud even during normal driving conditions and the dsg cracks were insane. Loved those cracks.

The stock res had a rattle at 2000rmp which was annoying me so had that replaced with a magnaflow muffler. It took about 3 attempts to find the right size that would give the right amount of noise (not too droney) and still have dsg cracks. Ended up with a 4" muffler.

It's gotten a bit louder over the 3 months but for me, it's a good mix of not too loud with dsg cracks.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

I just went and pulled the trigger on a non-res miltek catback :D
Bops

Post by Bops »

That would do the job [emoji3]

Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Bops wrote:That would do the job [emoji3]

Cool, I'm hoping it sounds better then the videos that I can find on youtube, some of them do not sound all that much different or doesn't justify on a yt video.
Like this one: [youtube][/youtube]

I haven't been able to hear in real life but I did read a lot of good comments on them so lets hope :)
I'm really hoping for a deep sound :hyper:
Bops

Post by Bops »

Being Milton, you shouldn't have any issues with the system. Obviously, the sound would be a subjective thing.

I've been researching down pipes & turbo muffler deletes. Want to do as much as possible to help the car breath before looking at ecu tunes

Tapatalking
Bops

Post by Bops »

Bloody autocorrect.

Meant to say miltek not Milton.

Tapatalking
SciroccoEire
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Milltek Cat back , H&R Springs , Stage 1 Remap

Post by SciroccoEire »

I had a milltek catback on mine and can say i was delighted with it. Videos you find online wont do it justice :) :yes:
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

SciroccoEire wrote:I had a milltek catback on mine and can say i was delighted with it. Videos you find online wont do it justice :) :yes:

Did it give you a deep sound? How are the DSG pops (if you had dsg)
SciroccoEire
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Milltek Cat back , H&R Springs , Stage 1 Remap

Post by SciroccoEire »

Hi

Yes it was a deep sound! I had manual so cannot comment on DSG but i would imagine it would sound good.
However , i think DSG pops will be most improved with a downpipe
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Just got my Miltek non resonated catback placed! I've only managed to drive it for around 10km due to heavy traffic, will go out later today again.

So far it's relatively quiet at idle and normal city driving traffic (so stop drive), but once your past 2.5-3k revs it really opens up. No drone so far

btw, the tips do look a little bit bigger and the rear muffler does hang lower, so someone who knows something about the VAG scene will instantly see that it's a (miltek) modded exhaust.
Should have done this mod much earlier, really transforms the car

If anyone wants a bigger explanation after I drive it later today lemme know
WoeisJick
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Indium Grey
Options: Default Volkswagen Set Up
Muffler Delete

Post by WoeisJick »

Hi there, Its been a while since I've been on this forum and sometimes I forgot how helpful these are.
I've done the Muffler Delete to my Scirocco GP 1.4TSI Twin-charger. I've had it over a month now, to be really honest, I know mostly the videos we'd find on the internet regarding Resonator Delete/Muffler Delete specifically for VW's just wont justify or the poor quality of the uploads, maybe its just getting old. So like I said, its been over a month now, I gotta say its been 1 of the best mod, I originally was going to get the resonator delete but the mechanic from the shop I went to, insisted me to go for the muffler, as the resonator would only give me a loud sharp raspy noise. So what I did was, remove the muffler & keep the resonator, the muffler is replaced with a custom single Y-pipe with twin tips, as I wanted it to look just as the original tips, this process is all reversable, the pros is I could weld back the muffler if I really need to & still get to keep the custom exhaust pipe, vice versa for future use. It really makes a big difference, it gives a loud cold start, a neck breaking dsg farts, a massive pop when u heat the turbo boost & spull right, especially in gear 1-3, it also gives a decent crackles on low rev & downshifts, usually on coming to a stop or braking points, as you could see the points I've given out is possitive. It may seem placebo but from what I've research, asked from other tuners and my own experience after the changes made, my very first thoughts were only it would give me more sound but it turns out to be giving me more power to the car, I've had wheelspins a couple times now, with the traction still turned on, it really does surprises me as I've never had that happened before. The other best part of it is that its saving me costs, a cheap and affordable cost with a great benefit after the mod. I've only driven the car on a long journey twice now and another surprise came later was about half of the exhaust pipe now is turning blue, naturally. I'm guessing due to hot weather & that long drive boils up a little temperature to the exhaust. It definitely looks nicer & unique.

The only cons I could point out for now is that, the car would consume a little more gas than it usually does, mainly I'd say due to not getting enough of driving it & reving and also cant get enough of the dsg fart its making. You will need to spend a few more dollars for gas refilling especially for daily driven.

So for those who's been wondering about that mod, getting the Muffler delete is recomendable, even for a short period of time before you want to spend a little more on a wishlist exhaust system.

My only wonder now is how much more noise and what will it bring when I get the ECU tuned.