New owner ....need some insight

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Callmehixxy
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

New owner ....need some insight

Post by Callmehixxy »

Just purchased a 2.0 tsi gt dsg and I have a few questions about this

1. I filled my tank up to the brim and my range was only 290 when back in the car ,to me this seems poor but obviously first time with this type of car.
2.and when I come back from garage the check engine light come on aswell as the check tyre light and wondering if this could be part of the above issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Re: New owner ....need some insight

Post by Billc »

Ref your first point, you don't say what year your TSi is? MPGs have varied depending on year.

My old 2010 TSi DSG would typically do 290-310 miles with my usual mix of urban and duel carriageway but very rarely motorway (it'd do a lot more on long motorway runs). Over 6 years ownership the overall average MPG (measured and not from the MFD) was 29mpg but if I did a long motorway trip then nearer 34mpg.

The 2015 TSi I have now does quite a lot better but I don't have any long term stats on it yet. I have seen 350 from one tank though.
Bill in Norfants
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

The range will vary depending on how the car was driven prior to filling up as it is estimated based on the previous average mpg over a certain number of miles. For this reason the range can increase if you subsequently drive the car gently or cruise on the motorway.

You need to have the car scanned to see what's triggered the EML.
Callmehixxy
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by Callmehixxy »

Thanks for both the replies ,yeah I’m going to ring the garage I got the car from and speak to them as only got it on Thursday.

It’s a 62 plate if that helps ,it’s normally going throughout town and sometimes a bit of motorway
Dave24uk
In: Deep Black
Options: None

Post by Dave24uk »

Ok so I've had my 2011 scirocco dsg 2ltr tdi 3months now, nice drive great on fuel however not long ago I noticed like a vibration grinding noise when I rev between 1000 to 2000rpm does it in neutral an 1st 2nd 3rd an 4th gear but can't heat as much in 5th an 6th I've checked so many forums an nothing relates was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue or is it even an issue? My first forum post bynthe way
Deagol
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Dave,

It might be the bonnet stay rattling against the bodywork - I had this at approx 1300 rpm on my TDI manual and it drove me nuts til I worked it out.

Does the car make the noise at about the same RPM whether stationery or moving? Try opening the bonnet and do the stationery test again - it the noise is gone, it should be the bonnet strut.

When you close the bonnet, pack a little bit of sponge or similar between the strut and the engine bay when you clip it back in place. It should absorb the rattle.

I hope this is the simple problem and fixed. If that doesn't work, or you've already tried, then I'm flummoxed.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith