Alarm going off

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Kamiljano
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Alarm going off

Post by Kamiljano »

Hello everyone.
My car alarm keeps going off about a minute after I lock my car.I’ve narrowed it down to being the exterior sensors since I tried turning off the interior ones and it still does it. It happened first time after a rainy day this week and hasn’t stopped since?
Any ideas for temporary fixes as I plan on trading the car in for something else.
Where are the sensors located so I could possibly give them a clean or wd40?
Thanks
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Alarm going off

Post by Cuprabob »

When you lock the car double click the lock button on the keyfob. This disables the deadlocks but may also disable the alarm. Sorry, I can't remember if it definitely does or doesn't also disable the alarm.

The only exterior sensors on the alarm that I'm aware of are the microswitch on the bonnet catch and the tailgate. Not sure if there is a tilt switch in the alarm horn, which is located behind the driver's side wing.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

The tilt switch is part of the front dome light / ultrasonic sensors. The battery can also be faulty of the alarm horn, then the alarm also will go off.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kamiljano
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue

Post by Kamiljano »

it ended up being the horn unit under the wheel arch that was faulty. Electrician removed it and everything works except the alarm.