Emissions update.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Emissions update.

Post by lewisheywood »

Can anyone give me a basic run down of the changes made to the cars in the emissions update?

Always hearing about it and I know that mine was affected and has had the update so just curious as to what was done

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Emissions update.

Post by Paradox1 »

I think it only effects Diesels.

If you have a remap i think the update removes it.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I don't think anyone outside VW knows exactly what the update does. It doesn't reduce emissions and seems to work the EGR harder and cause more DPF regenerations.

I decided not to get my car done as it wasn't worth the risk as I don't believe VW when they say the update has no detrimental impact on reliability, performance or economy. I'm happy with how my car is and despite their "Building Trust" warranty with the update, I just don't want to take the risk.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by lewisheywood »

I see, I have only really heard bad things about it. Causing issues with sensors etc.

I also would rather not have it but was put on the car before I purchased. Apparently with most remaps it is taken off.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk