Breaking in a new clutch

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
scottwilliams97
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Breaking in a new clutch

Post by scottwilliams97 »

So I’ve just had the Sachs performance clutch kit fitted and awesome gti said I need to do 500 miles around town before the clutch has bedded In fully.

This seems high to me, as I’ve done about 100 now and there’s no longer any judger etc; how long would you wait before giving it the beans?

Each mile is slowly killing my patience; driving like a granny just isn’t for me :shrug: r

Cheers lads
Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Re: Breaking in a new clutch

Post by Psycho Kirky »

To be honest when I fitted mine I made sure it drove fine, engaged and disengaged gears ok ect. Drove it normally straight away pretty much and gave it some beans soon after. (Forgot about bedding in fully)

But if you have been advised I would take the advice as it may void any warranty if not done perhaps.

500 miles seems high but that might just be what they tell customers as a precaution to highlight any possible niggles or faults.

A stiffer pedal was the main difference really :D

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
scottwilliams97
In: Candy White
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Re: Breaking in a new clutch

Post by scottwilliams97 »

That's good to hear! I agree with you on the 500 miles seeming more like a precaution, going to give it another 50 miles or so and give it a good belting afterwards.

As you said all gears engage and disengage correctly with 0 judder, leading me to believe its pretty much already worn in etc

I overcome the stiffer pedal in minutes; not to bad really