Paddle shift

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
blz-8027
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box

Paddle shift

Post by blz-8027 »

What does the off stand for or do , on the + side paddle shift ?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Paddle shift

Post by Cuprabob »

If you are in "D" or "S" and use the paddles it will change to manual mode. By pulling and holding the right hand paddle (Off) it will switch off manual mode and revert back to "D" or "S" mode. However, if you don't use the paddles for 30sec it will automatically revert back the the previous mode whether it be "D" or "S".

So basically it's for those who can't wait 30secs for it to automatically revert back from manual mode to the previous automatic mode :)

If you need any further information it's all in the manual.
blz-8027

Post by blz-8027 »

Cuprabob wrote:If you are in "D" or "S" and use the paddles it will change to manual mode. By pulling and holding the right hand paddle (Off) it will switch off manual mode and revert back to "D" or "S" mode. However, if you don't use the paddles for 30sec it will automatically revert back the the previous mode whether it be "D" or "S".

So basically it's for those who can't wait 30secs for it to automatically revert back from manual mode to the previous automatic mode :)

If you need any further information it's all in the manual.
Makes sense, but the same happens if you change down using the paddles ,so both should have off on them
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

No, you've misunderstood, it's switching off manual mode and reverting back to automatic mode, "D" or "S". You need to pull and hold the right hand paddle for longer than 2 secs.
blz-8027

Post by blz-8027 »

Cuprabob wrote:No, you've misunderstood, it's switching off manual mode and reverting back to automatic mode, "D" or "S". You need to pull and hold the right hand paddle for longer than 2 secs.
Got you