HELP Needed - Misfiring 1.4 TSi Engines

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JordanHewitt30
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Tinted Windows, Black Alloys

HELP Needed - Misfiring 1.4 TSi Engines

Post by JordanHewitt30 »

Hi Everyone,

My 2012 Scirocco has low compression on cylinders 2 & 3 and after getting my trusted mechanic to look at it, he can see that one of the pistons is cracked.

I’m trying to build a case study to go to VW with, as it’s unacceptable that a less than 6 year old car with only 60k miles on the clock can have this bad an issue where it needs a new engine and is going to cost thousands!

If any one has had this issue before and has any sort of evidence of it being fixed etc. Can you please email me on jordanhewitt30@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone and here’s to hoping lol

Jordan.
risingson
In: Rising Blue

Re: HELP Needed - Misfiring 1.4 TSi Engines

Post by risingson »

Did you buy your car from a VW dealer? Your rights under the sale of goods act (if you bought it pre-October 2015) or consumer rights act (thereafter) will be against whoever sold it to you.

You may also have more options if you bought it using any form of credit.

VW tend to play hard ball with this one (they've never admitted there was a fault, as such). So for instance if you bought yours from a dealer they may expect both you and the dealer to contribute something towards the repair, if they offer anything at all. (I suspect the fact yours had been running for 6 years and did quite a few miles, presumably without an issue, means they may not come forward with any sort of offer willingly!)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
skyblues11
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

I recall VW had some recalls relating to the engine software. Check to see if your car had them applied.
risingson
In: Rising Blue

Post by risingson »

skyblues11 wrote:I recall VW had some recalls relating to the engine software. Check to see if your car had them applied.
Good shout. Think this was done automatically providing serviced at a stealer's, but worth checking.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk