2016 Scirocco R Warranty Issues

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Harsim01
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Dynaudio Sound Pack

2016 Scirocco R Warranty Issues

Post by Harsim01 »

Hi guys i need some advice and wanted to see if any other people have had the same problems as i have. So in march 2017 i had some warranty work done from Wolverhampton VW which were the following: Replaced cam cover and filler cap. the issue was that the oil cap was loose and the engine had a vacuum leak i had posted about this problem at the time to. this is issue was fixed no problem.

Fast forward to jan 2018 the engine light comes on again. i take a look at the engine bay and the oil cap is loose (again) and this time the engine cover that is connected to the air filter is also loose. So i booked the car in same as before and later that day received a phone call explaining the following problems: cam cover broken, engine cover with integrated air box broken and insecure which requires replacement of engine cover and replacement of the cam cover with a surprise bill of £800.58!!!!!

initially they claimed that the engine has been tampered even though the only people that have touched that engine is VW!! having explained that to them and even contacting Willenhall VW(where i had my oil service done) they changed the reason to the fact that they have done the work once they cannot replace the same parts again. so for that reason they are refusing to carry out the work under the warranty. i have taken this up with VW head office and have opened a case hopefully the head office talk some sense into the dealership. the dealership even refused me a courtesy car even though the car was booked in with a courtesy car! i am honestly in shock at how this has been dealt with by the dealership... totally put me off going with VW after the lease is up on my current car absolutely pathetic.

has anyone else had an experience like this? or experienced any problems like this at all? would love to see what you guys think of this situation i am in. thanks.
timc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Retro fit LED Mirror,Door Puddle Lights, Cruise. Kenwood DNX516DABS, Android box + Kodi, JL Audio amp, JBL GTO Speakers, Reversing Camera. Polar FIS+, XDS, Oscarli magic

Re: 2016 Scirocco R Warranty Issues

Post by timc »

VW parts are guaranteed for 2 years aren't they.... it is irrelevant that they have already replaced the parts once... they are trying it on - stick to your guns
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: 2016 Scirocco R Warranty Issues

Post by Cuprabob »

As long as the car is still under warranty then the parts they've previously fitted are also still under warranty. I would get on the phone to VW Customer Services and try and get them to intervene.

As said, VW parts have a 2 year warranty if you make a financial contribution but if they are replaced FOC under warranty then the warranty on the replaced parts expires at the same time as the vehicle warranty.