Stutter - hard acceleration in low revs

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Mdw28
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Stutter - hard acceleration in low revs

Post by Mdw28 »

Just something i have noticed as of late, if I am in a high gear at around 2k revs and try to accelerate hard, the car will stutter before picking up. 2l TSI Model.
Recently had the Inlet Manifold replaced under warranty due to fault but this did occur before this also. Car at 47k Miles.

Thanks
Quinnaay
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof
Leather Interior
RNS315

Re: Stutter - hard acceleration in low revs

Post by Quinnaay »

also having this problem, no codes showing up, changed Diverter valve, maf sensor, n80 valve, charcoal canister and had a major service. Thinking now it may be injectors/carbon build up, hope someone has more to add?
Gaz r
Options: Vienna leather
Rear parking sensors

Post by Gaz r »

It could be a coil pack starting to degrade. I had 2 coil packs fail within a few months of each other, so the second time I replaced them all. I did notice what you described above prior to replacing but once all the coil packs were changed it eliminated it completely. Hope this helps.
KarmaSumatra

Post by KarmaSumatra »

When you say "stutter" do you mean actually misfiring, or do you mean a hesitation in the power delivery?

I've also noticed a hesitation when the revs are low.
a4gee
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

I sometimes find a stutter happens around a constant rpm eg 5000. It catches quickly but you feel a slight drop in power and before you can see your dash it ok again. It feels like you have taken your foot of the pedal.

How much is a coil pack?
LHM
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box

Post by LHM »

first thing I would change is spark plugs, if it persists change coil packs, also change fuel filter too.