Scirocco exhausts - Help

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Eves
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Myself

Scirocco exhausts - Help

Post by Eves »

Hi all,

Recently acquired a 2009 Scirocco 2 litre GT

I ordered two different sets of exhaust tips online but neither fit - They appear to small!

Does my exhaust look non standard and is there a good chance it’s been changed at some point?

Thanks all

MImage
Last edited by Eves on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Scirocco exhausts - Help

Post by Cuprabob »

Looks as though your exhaust already has tips on it. Try giving them a clean with Autosol and some elbow grease.

They look the same as the chrome tips that were fitted from the factory on my 170 Tdi. If your profile is correct and it's a 2.0 TSI, then I'm pretty sure they come from the factory with chrome tips too.
Eves
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Myself

Post by Eves »

Cuprabob wrote:Looks as though your exhaust already has tips on it. Try giving them a clean with Autosol and some elbow grease.

They look the same as the chrome tips that were fitted from the factory on my 170 Tdi. If your profile is correct and it's a 2.0 TSI, then I'm pretty sure they come from the factory with chrome tips too.
Ahhh fair one then.... will give them a good going over at some point
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

Eves wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:Looks as though your exhaust already has tips on it. Try giving them a clean with Autosol and some elbow grease.

Ahhh fair one then.... will give them a good going over at some point
Even on my R they are a pain to keep clean compared to all the other cars I have owned. I wonder if it is down to the grade of metal or finish used?