Wing Mirror Issue - Budget fix? (Pic inside)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
FlooKy
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 2.0L TSI

Wing Mirror Issue - Budget fix? (Pic inside)

Post by FlooKy »

Hello all

My Wing Mirror has recently snapped - see attached pic. There is no damage to the mirror itself but the metal that runs inside and connects to the door has broken.

I've been quoted from £160-£350 to fix this problem but figured with some strong glue I could probably fix myself?

Does anyone have experience with this issue? Am I right to think that it can be fixed with glue?

Any thoughts would be amazing

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrsavvy90
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Leather seats , Xenon Headlights, Reverse camera, Upgraded PREMIUM Audio, RNS 510 SATNAV rear parking sensors

Re: Wing Mirror Issue - Budget fix? (Pic inside)

Post by mrsavvy90 »

Mine snapped the other day I fixed it with super strong adhesive , you
Will need a adhesive gun and the following from b&q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrsavvy90
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Leather seats , Xenon Headlights, Reverse camera, Upgraded PREMIUM Audio, RNS 510 SATNAV rear parking sensors

Re: Wing Mirror Issue - Budget fix? (Pic inside)

Post by mrsavvy90 »

mrsavvy90 wrote:Mine snapped the other day I fixed it with super strong adhesive , you
Will need a adhesive gun and the following from b&q

I put this all inside then used duct tape to keep the wing mirror in place while it dried . Takes around 10 mins to dry but 24 hours to fully dry , but now it holds up fine . Once it’s fully dry , remove the duct tape and you should be fine , this stuff is extreme weather proof , and very strong ,