Newbie alert

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
garpat32

Newbie alert

Post by garpat32 »

Hi, I'm looking for some initial pointers please.

I'b be looking to get a Scirocco in the next few months, around the £6-7k mark.

Daily commuter, and also for a bit of fun at weekends etc.

I've had a couple of Golf's in the past, mk6 tdi and a GTE, so I'm ok with basics, but on the Rocco, are there any specifics I should be looking for? any options that should be looking for?

Cheers all!!
RoccoTom
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Re: Newbie alert

Post by RoccoTom »

Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean 6,000-7,000 miles on the clock? £6-7k isn't going to get you anything worth keeping, I wouldn't have thought. If you double that price, you could get a half-decent second-hand Scirocco, but my advice would be to just buy new. That way you can customise it with your own options and preferences. There are some very good discounts at the moment, since VW are trying to clear some space now that Scirocco production has ceased.

I'd say rear parking sensors are a must on the Scirocco, given the limited rear visibility. Depending on your commuting distance, consider a diesel over a petrol. If it's largely motorway driving you do, cruise control is very handy. I personally wouldn't bother with Dynaudio or with the panoramic sunroof. Manual or DSG gearbox is entirely down to personal preference.

Hope you find what you're after. Keep us updated!

Tom
garpat32

Post by garpat32 »

Hi, er yes I was on about £6 -£7k not mileage.

I don't want to go brand new, just want a 2nd hand that I can enjoy.

Commute is 30 miles a day at most.

Surprised you say that that price range isn't going to get me anything worth keeping? is there a reason for that? there are plenty of mk6 golfs in this range, and below, or am i missing something?

Thanks
Gaz r
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna leather
Rear parking sensors

Post by Gaz r »

With your budget you should be fine. You'll tend to find more high mileage cars for that sort of money, but with full service history they should be ok.
I would avoid the early 1.4tsi engines as they can be problematic, just search on the forum and you'll see what I mean. Also not many miles for a diesel there (30 mile commute). So just leaves the 2.0tsi petrol. Take your time to find a good one! Have a search again through the forum for common problems so you know what you're looking for when you go to test drive.
I would say parking sensors are a good option as stated above. The pano roof doesn't open far so more of a personal preference. Leather is always good and dynaudio is a nice option to have too.
Some things can be retrofitted ie: cruise control and Bluetooth handsfree.
2009 cars onwards have a different steering wheel and climatronic controls.

I've had mine nearly 4 years now and it's been good. Just been mot'd and no advisorys.
Good luck finding a good one.
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

RoccoTom wrote:Welcome to the forum!

my advice would be to just buy new. That way you can customise it with your own options and preferences. There are some very good discounts at the moment, since VW are trying to clear some space now that Scirocco production has ceased.
Not sure if you miss typed but you can't actually customise a new Scirocco now, only buy one that is pre built in stock so its not quite as easy to get specific specs.
garpat32 wrote:Hi, er yes I was on about £6 -£7k not mileage.

I don't want to go brand new, just want a 2nd hand that I can enjoy.

Commute is 30 miles a day at most.

Surprised you say that that price range isn't going to get me anything worth keeping? is there a reason for that? there are plenty of mk6 golfs in this range, and below, or am i missing something?

Thanks
Your budget will limit you to cars over 100k miles so be picky and make sure they are well looked after with full service history.
garpat32

Post by garpat32 »

Thanks all.

I did initially look into a new lease, but dealers replied saying stock cars only, and really werent up to doing any deals.

I have seen a few on autotrader, not all of them Moon Mileage, but like advised, I'm more interested in the cars history.

Think I'd prefer leather, and DSG, head unit wise I'd probably retrofit a newer android auto compatible unit.

Other than that I guess it comes down to cost, I may up my budget if something really good came along.
garpat32

Post by garpat32 »

Had a run in this one today, not sure on the wheels or the seats!

Seems to be ok for a good price though, I think I may have to up my budget a bit though

http://castlebridgemotorcompany.co.uk/v ... le-details" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;