Gearbox issues?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Minkyrich
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: Full Leather, Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Optical Parking Sensors.

Gearbox issues?

Post by Minkyrich »

Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice please.
I’m looking at buying a 2.0 tdi gt with 138,000 on the clock. Took the car for a test drive and was immediately “I must have this car”! But, when the car was in 4th gear there was a small vibration coming through the gear knob, I changed to 3rd and 5th at the same revs and there was nothing all was smooth. The vibration wasn’t there every time tho, just most of the time. Have any of you experienced this and if so what was the outcome. Also the Bluetooth wouldn’t pick up my phone, there was a “bury” Bluetooth thing with a lead disappearing into the dash but that didn’t appear to do anything. In the media settings you can turn on/off Bluetooth streaming so assume that Bluetooth is present( car is advertised as such). I really like the car but not sure I want to buy this particular one if there are issues. Any help would be appreciated.
Baycruiser
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Re: Gearbox issues?

Post by Baycruiser »

about the bluetooth connection;
do you have this thingy in the scirocco?

ifso, you have to push the 2 buttons in this order within 10 seconds of starting the radio.
the left button first,
the right button second,

it should say phone connected almost immediately. (you can now also stream ur music)

you can also answer your phone with the left button (mine also shows a phone + i on the button tough)

if u dont have this bluetooth module thingy, i cannot help u :p
Minkyrich

Post by Minkyrich »

Hi, it looks similar to this, but I think the bit on the front with the buttons is missing. I’m going for another look today so I will enquire if there is another piece for it. Thanks for the reply.
Baycruiser
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Post by Baycruiser »

thats removable yes, but thats the actual bluetooth device... so without that it wont work ^^
Minkyrich

Post by Minkyrich »

That’s exactly what I thought. Not buying this particular car now anyway, didn’t trust the dealer.