TWO INLET MANIFOLDS BILLS TOTAL £1200 plus.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
miriam2elsa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: sunroof folding mirrors rear sensors flat tyre indicator

TWO INLET MANIFOLDS BILLS TOTAL £1200 plus.

Post by miriam2elsa »

Inlet manifold replaced at 38k. car 4 years old .60k car 8years old. each bill £600 plus.
Manifold is seemingly a sealed unit and fault sticking flap. Have found out this problem was known
back then by vw. hope the ones now are sorted. Are inlet manifolds still a frequent problem.
Car was bought new serviced by vw main dealer
BunnyJen

Re: TWO INLET MANIFOLDS BILLS TOTAL £1200 plus.

Post by BunnyJen »

Is this the P2015 Fault? I'm currently experiencing this and am really unhappy about it given they have admitted to me it's a defect part and NOT down to wear and tear. :grumpy:
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Yep p2015 is the code, I have it too.

I refuse to pay for a new one when it should really be a recall job.
Im going to do the runner flap delete instead and remove the flaps from the manifold then get it coded out.

For the price of a replacement, you could get a RPC performance manifold

https://www.akstuning.co.uk/engine-moun ... sitsi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

I'm currently in contact with customer services having written to both Alison Jones and Paul Willis. Additionally I have been directed to The Motor Ombudsman which I'll likely pursue. More than happy to team up with you on this if you wanted to, may give our case more leverage if we approached it as a group. :)

I'm really unhappy about it all and unless they provide me with a fair and reasonable resolution on this they'll lose me as a customer for life and I'll most certainly be making my feelings clear to anyone I know who is considering purchasing a VW vehicle in the future. :grumpy:

Also it's literally only just clicked with me that this has happened to you twice miriam2elsa?!!!!!! So even when it's replaced it goes again? That's horrendous!
miriam2elsa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: sunroof folding mirrors rear sensors flat tyre indicator

Post by miriam2elsa »

Hi bunneyjen was going to let this go, not now dealer said there was no good will coming from vw.
going back to dealer for information code .will try direct with customer services.Personally they just
hardmark..might drag on a bit as going on holidaynow.
robinalex
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Post by robinalex »

I had this on an 09 Tsi which needed new inlet manifold but luckily was done by vw under second hand car warranty i took out when i bought it from EMG in Cambridge. The car had only done 30k but VW told me the problem would not happen again as the fault had been designed out of the replacement part number. Unless someone has still been using old stocks of the original part number i dont think this should happen twice as the latest inlet manifold i have been told does not suffer from the same problem. I would have been well annoyed if it had gone again at 60k and kicked up a right fuss as you appear to be doing so hang in there.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

miriam2elsa wrote:Hi bunneyjen was going to let this go, not now dealer said there was no good will coming from vw.
going back to dealer for information code .will try direct with customer services.Personally they just
hardmark..might drag on a bit as going on holidaynow.
Sorry to hear you're having a hard time on this too, it's so unfair of them. Good luck with your approach to customer services. Please do let me know if you would like to join me in approaching the Motor Ombudsman once you're back from your holiday. I'm keen to team up with anyone who wants to as I feel if we approach them with multiple cases it'll present a stronger argument in our favour.
Have a lovely holiday in the meantime. :)

@robinalex Glad to hear you got yours sorted. It's so infuriating when so many people are clearly encountering this issue.
robinalex
I drive a: GTS TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Post by robinalex »

Thanks BunnyJen, its not just the inlet manifold issue either. After that was sorted under warranty i had a water pump housing failure which apparently is another common issue. Had to pay for that one! For some reason they decided to make a water pump housing that is constantly going through cold to very hot temperatures in bloody plastic which eventually turns brittle and is prone to cracking and failure, then its a nightmare to get to and the parts had to come from Germany.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

robinalex wrote:Thanks BunnyJen, its not just the inlet manifold issue either. After that was sorted under warranty i had a water pump housing failure which apparently is another common issue. Had to pay for that one! For some reason they decided to make a water pump housing that is constantly going through cold to very hot temperatures in bloody plastic which eventually turns brittle and is prone to cracking and failure, then its a nightmare to get to and the parts had to come from Germany.
I hear you. I had the famous clutch release bearing issue also. Another £1200 defect part they put in their cars. :grumpy: