Piano black trim

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Firemonkey
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Piano black trim

Post by Firemonkey »

Hi can anyone help me iv been searching the web for the piano black trim but can't find it anywhere. I just would like to know the part numbers for dash trim and the door handle inserts in piano black. Thanks
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Piano black trim

Post by Paradox1 »

probably better off just spraying it yourself tbh
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

You can get the OEM part numbers from this site
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/main_group/mar ... 651/lang/e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firemonkey

Post by Firemonkey »

Yeah that's what I was thinking about doing paradox but scared I mess it up and looks bad. Thanks cuprabob I'll check it out.
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

If you mess it up you can always start again. Worth getting some trim removal tools regardless.

Or a flatheadscredriver wraped in a cloth or something so you dont damage the trim on removal
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

by the way, gloss black trim adds up to £250
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

By the way gloss black trim is a pain on the ass for showing the dust...
scottwilliams97
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Post by scottwilliams97 »

Just spray them yourself, they'll come out good if you put in the prep effort etc or alternatively drop them into a local body shop... either option is a lot cheaper than buying the black trim from VW.
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

Whats the rough cost of a body shop spraying the dash trim black?

I'm looking to get mine done but I have no experience with these kinds of quotes as this is my first car that I am modding!
Firemonkey

Post by Firemonkey »

Thanks for the reply guys and guess I might leave it with all the info you have giving me. Just liked the look of it but if it's a pain to look after and 250 for the lot I'll leave it. Shame you can't get brushed aluminium it would look so much better. Also is the Chinese vw parts on eBay ok?
KarmaSumatra

Post by KarmaSumatra »

Even easier than spraying the trim, is to wrap it with 3M vinyl. The result will be almost identical but it only takes a couple of hours and you can always remove the vinyl if it goes wrong.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Let them be sprayed at a bodyshop is even easier :)
Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Im doing this right now, attempt number 3. Basically, clean all the parts in soapy water and rinse then let them dry. Either rough up the surface to aid paint adhesion or dont bother.

But DO USE PRIMER FIRST!!!

I didnt twice and had to use white spirit to remove all the paint as it reacted to a bad surface.

Take your time. All you need is a thin tool to remove the trim. A can of primer. A can of gloss black paint. And I use a can of Clear gloss protector for a shinier finish. Wait a day or two between steps to ensure proper drying.

Cheap and easy this way!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
SciroccoCW
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

Psycho Kirky wrote:Im doing this right now, attempt number 3. Basically, clean all the parts in soapy water and rinse then let them dry. Either rough up the surface to aid paint adhesion or dont bother.

I didnt twice and had to use white spirit to remove all the paint as it reacted to a bad surface.

Take your time. All you need is a thin tool to remove the trim. A can of primer. A can of gloss black paint. And I use a can of Clear gloss protector for a shinier finish. Wait a day or two between steps to ensure proper drying.

Could you link which products you use? Might give it a shot if it's cheaper than a body shop! Gotta start learning somewhere :yes:
Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

SciroccoCW wrote:
Psycho Kirky wrote:Im doing this right now, attempt number 3. Basically, clean all the parts in soapy water and rinse then let them dry. Either rough up the surface to aid paint adhesion or dont bother.

Could you link which products you use? Might give it a shot if it's cheaper than a body shop! Gotta start learning somewhere :yes:
Honestly all i'm using is some spray paint from Homebase! (£9.49 a can) But any decent spray paint will do.

It will not be the best finish in the world from the likes of a bodyshop, but it will be a clean gloss black finish. Which will be more than adequate unless you inspect the trim with a magnifying glass for little defects etc.

For the sake of maybe £20 - £30 you cant go wrong, and its a nice little project to pass the time. And who wants to waste lots of money on getting some trim professionally sprayed anyway haha what a joke.

Good luck!

scottwilliams97
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Body shop are doing mine (dash trims, vents and door trim) for 30 quid! Save yourself some time and effort- I tried to do mine myself but they turned out crap!
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

scottwilliams97 wrote:Body shop are doing mine (dash trims, vents and door trim) for 30 quid! Save yourself some time and effort- I tried to do mine myself but they turned out crap!

That's a good price! I better start ringing round :)
scottwilliams97

That's the first place I asked, The trims are only small so its no work at all for a decent body shop! Plus with a bodyshop they can do any colour/style...
Maplesyrup
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather, RNS510, Bluetooth, KW DDC Coilovers, Black 19" Lugano, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Revo Stage 2, Revo Induction, Full Milltek Exhaust, piano black interior trim, tinted....

Post by Maplesyrup »

KarmaSumatra wrote:Even easier than spraying the trim, is to wrap it with 3M vinyl. The result will be almost identical but it only takes a couple of hours and you can always remove the vinyl if it goes wrong.
I did this as well, very straightforward and looks great :)
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p156750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance