Purchase advice FIRST SCIROCCO

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
With a: Manual box
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Purchase advice FIRST SCIROCCO

Post by SciroccoCW »

I have found a 2014 Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI ( 125ps ), in white, it has pano roof, after market front splitter, black interlagos alloys, the roof has been sprayed black professionally too.

24k miles. Full service history. 1 year warranty.

It looks to have been really well looked after, the owner was a lady who had the wheels and roof sprayed black, put the splitter on, it only has a couple tiny stone chips on the bonnet. Oh and the wing mirrors have been what i think is wrapped rather than sprayed as i can see around the edges slight bubbling and white along the lines.

It's going for 14.5k.

This is my first big purchase :fall: , and its going to be my baby, I'm just looking for feedback on whether it seems good for the price, I know I can get them down on the cost slightly, hopefully down to 14k.

Does this seem reasonable? Also can the 125ps version get remapped?

Edit: it is from a Toyota garage.. I would rather buy from VW but this car has everything on it I'm looking for.
Last edited by SciroccoCW on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SciroccoCW
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Re: Purchase advice FIRST SCIROCCO

Post by SciroccoCW »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by SciroccoCW on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Just wanna say that I love the front bumper
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Yeah it looks mean!
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

I bought it! :hyper: :eyepop:
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Congratz :) How much did you pay in the end for it?

I also bought my first rocco a week ago so I can imagine how u feel now haha
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Did they spray the glass pano roof black? So you can't see through it now?
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Zanic L3 wrote:Congratz :) How much did you pay in the end for it?

I also bought my first rocco a week ago so I can imagine how u feel now haha
14.1k Could only get them down 450 quid >.<

I don't think it was too bad price considering the extras it has, and decent mileage
Last edited by SciroccoCW on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Roy_01 wrote:Did they spray the glass pano roof black? So you can't see through it now?
No you can see through the glass, its tinted obviously, but you can see through it
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ars&page=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's it
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Ok that sounds better :) very nice car love the black and white contrast!
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Roy_01 wrote:Ok that sounds better :) very nice car love the black and white contrast!
Yeah it looks really nice. To be honest I think I would have liked the metallic purple or indigo as I think its called, but that's rarer. It's taken me so long to find exactly what I want. I had to compromise with the interior not being the black gloss trim, and having the chequered cloth seats, but I would be old and frail by the time I found a car with everything I wanted with the right mileage and price. :rofl1:

Thinking of changing the dash trim to black if possible though, maybe some spacers on the wheels and lower it slightly?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes that true they are hard to find. You can just take them out and let them respray, you won't regret.
Spacers is possible but have to be good ones and well aligned or else you will get vibrations and a bit more noisy.
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Roy_01 wrote:Yes that true they are hard to find. You can just take them out and let them respray, you won't regret.
Spacers is possible but have to be good ones and well aligned or else you will get vibrations and a bit more noisy.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look into it. Looking forward to making this Scirocco my own! :yes:
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Oh I didn't realize it was the facelift version, the backlights do look very sexy.

The one I bought a week ago is the 2009 Scirocco 2.0 TSI (200hp). If I had to choose I'd take your car over mine simply because of the looks, yes it might be slower but that isn't really that relevant in the real world, after having it 3 days and flooring it around 50 times already, I get a bit used to it in some way also I've already dropped around €50 of fuel into the car :rolleyes:

Before I bought it I was thinking about remapping it as well but tbh it's already fast enough and it's not worth another €600 to get it remapped.

I paied €11k for mine with 64 000 km's.

Here are some pics " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Zanic L3 wrote:
Oh I didn't realize it was the facelift version, the backlights do look very sexy.

The one I bought a week ago is the 2009 Scirocco 2.0 TSI (200hp). If I had to choose I'd take your car over mine simply because of the looks, yes it might be slower but that isn't really that relevant in the real world, after having it 3 days and flooring it around 50 times already, I get a bit used to it in some way also I've already dropped around €50 of fuel into the car :rolleyes:

Before I bought it I was thinking about remapping it as well but tbh it's already fast enough and it's not worth another €600 to get it remapped.

I paied €11k for mine with 64 000 km's.

Here are some pics " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks nice!

Yeah I wasn't too fussed about it being a 1.4 lower bhp. The insurance was too high on 2.0L and fuel costs higher! I might get mine remapped if possible to give it some extra kick though, looks to costs around £400.

Just have to wait till Friday to collect it :cry:
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Okay I'm slowly dying waiting for Friday... I've spent every waking moment researching scirocco mods.. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I've bought all the interior LED lights and reg lights to replace the incandescent bulbs. Then I will get the silver dash trim sprayed piano black.. Door sill plates, puddle light logo projector, Badges are already black, front splitter is already installed..

I'm interested in getting a different rear diffuser but can't find anything! Oh and then I want to replace the side skirts, I don't like the black plastic at all
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

And do u like it? :D

I've recorded my 2009 2.0 tsi acceleration here
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Nice that's so quick compared to mine haha!

Yeah it's awesome, I do wish I had a 2.0L but it was just abit much on insurance and fuel. 1.4 still has a good kick to it and is very enjoyable, might do a stage 1 remap. Replaced all the interior lights with led's today and I'm going to order everything i need to give it a proper detailing next week!
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

SciroccoCW wrote:Nice that's so quick compared to mine haha!

Yeah it's awesome, I do wish I had a 2.0L but it was just abit much on insurance and fuel. 1.4 still has a good kick to it and is very enjoyable, might do a stage 1 remap. Replaced all the interior lights with led's today and I'm going to order everything i need to give it a proper detailing next week!
Hehe don't worry as the acceleration time/speed is a bit irrelevant in the real world unless you are planning to bring your car to track days :shrug:

The insurance on my 2.0 tsi was 480€, taxes is around 430€ and to get my plate (one time payment) was 220€ here in Belgium, how much did you pay in the uk?