I really love Scirocco's so much...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

I really love Scirocco's so much...

Post by TriGGER »

... I bought myself another one. :bounce:

I’ve owned a Scirocco GT 2.0 TDi 140 for about 6 and a half years now, I remember the day I bought it. I work up north about 50 miles from home and I had to go total 175 miles down south to pick it up.

That day I caught a train up to work in the morning, finished at 12am, got a train back to Birmingham, then another to London, followed by the underground but hopping stupidly on the wrong train, when I was on the right one I missed the frigging stop I needed too :sadbanana: . I was late, and in the end I had to ring a taxi to take me to the VW showroom, on the way I was stuck in the traffic and ended up walking it to the garage :fall: .

Driving it back was a nightmare, it was one of those downpours where it was so heavy you’d struggle to see the car in front. :eyepop:

After 205,000 miles and the feeling it was going to start costing me a lot of money to keep running in good nick I’ve got rid. It’s a Scirocco R-Line Black Edition 2.0 TDI 184PS 6 Spd Manual. I can’t frigging wait to get the keys,

However it was a joke though leading up to it.

WW Evesham, were advertising a much older one but when it came down to it they falsely advertised the car and it mega pissed me off, I just ended up losing trust in them :bang: . Then I spent god knows how long discussing another at a VW showroom but the bloke I spoke to didn’t really know what he was talking about - I give him a pass as he was a new bloke but I lost interest in him and the car. So then I identified a few for sale which were similar I went around trying to haggle with 4 different garages :fence: until eventually I went back to my local garage who did the best deal but at the very end - just after said lets do it - we both realised that the car he spec’d up was totally the wrong one :gnash:. I spent 9am-6pm going around everywhere and I was super pissed off, telling them to find a car asap and if you can’t I’m going to cut a deal with a different garage. To cut the story short, they found another car, it was much newer but I blew my budget, however with this one I got everything I wanted in it.

So I’m not sure when I’ll pick it up yet if not this week, definitely next week. A few things I haven’t gone for at the showroom as I think I can get cheaper, and perhaps better elsewhere is GAP insurance, paint sealant, and some smart insurance (when I cancelled all of these things I noticed the salesman wasn’t too happy about it - that ever changing tone in his voice was sad)

GAP insurance I know I can get from warranty direct for half the cost of VW but with an additional year - I think it’s worth taking out. :rally:

I really need some help on paint protection or sealant. My current one is covered with swirls, OMG its so bad - shit I still got my car outside I’m tempted to get it cleaned and take a few pictures, perhaps practice detailing on it. Thing is I’m doing motorway miles, and I clean it every Friday but Monday comes around and it’s super dirty soon as I get back home after work. Do you guys recommend anything any particular type of protection or detailing? I’ve been looking into paint sealant but I don’t have a clue what this shit is all about and whether it can damage the car or not. The car isn’t brand spanking new but it’s got 6-7k on the clock, what do you guys suggest?

Also I am wondering if there is much difference in power between the 140 and 184, is it noticeable? I haven't exactly seen the car yet as it's an ex demo and they're bringing it to the showroom. :?

My car has ACC, has anyone else gone from ACC to having no ACC? Man I love that sport button and the steering wheel stiffening up on the motorway - helped the lane discipline so much. :?

I much prefer the Interlagos wheels and not the Lugano, I’m going to have to get used to that if I cant I don’t know what I’ll do just yet. Would anyone swap?

So I’ve been checking out VAGCOM, I want to activate a couple of things since I’ve only recently found this badass page. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... le=How_Tos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :cool2:

Cornering Lights
Sweeping Dials
Alarm Beep
Reverse Tilting Mirror
Auto Window Closing When Raining

If i held my unlock button long enough on my current car the windows unlock but it only happens for one side, if there is a way of doing both then that would be great. Maybe it’s different on the newer cars.

I paid for those £125 door sills on my old one not really sure if I can take them off and re apply them on my new one, how they are even put on I don’t know. :shrug:
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: I really love Scirocco's so much...

Post by Roy_01 »

Have fun with it, love the enthousiasm.
6-7k is spanking new and think you will love the 184hp engine.
I think you mean dcc, Scirocco's don't have acc.
You can set comfort opening&closing for the Windows in the mfd menu.
If its not there try module 9 coding with vcds there is a bit called comfort operation only for driver door active.
Maybe this is checked.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

You certainly got good use out of your old one. Hope you enjoy the new one.

It used to be called ACC (Active Chassis Control) when the Scirocco was launched but is now called DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) to avoid confusion with the Active Cruise Control.
TriGGER

Post by TriGGER »

Thanks for clearing up ACC and DCC. I was wondering what the differences between the two actually were.

I do hope not having this feature doesn't ruin my feel for the car... wonder if it can be retro fitted, bit of googling around I get the feeling it is a proper pain in the arse job.

Cupra, I'm hoping to get something similiar out of this one too.

Anyone around the West Midlands or East Midlands with VAGCOM that could do some tweaks for me. I'll drop you a few quid if you want.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

To be honest, I don't think you'll miss it too much plus at £220 per shocker it can end up being expensive, should one fail. Although I like it, I doubt I would have specced it if it was an option.

You'll now have the pleasure of the Soundaktor giving you fake noise. I've never driven the 140 but I think you'll certainly notice the increased power of the 184.
TriGGER

Post by TriGGER »

I hope not too.

On my current one I thought the strut had gone recently, I couldn't find the price for it but if it's £220 it's not as bad as what I originally thought.

In the end it was my damper that went on it.

I never knew what Soundaktor after YouTubing it seems like it'll only be in the inside that I'll hear it.