New Sirocco Ordered

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jaygebee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

New Sirocco Ordered

Post by Jaygebee »

I have just ordered my new Scirocco. I am fed up of hearing all the diesel rubbish so I went to order a 2.0 TSI. I tried it and it frightened me to death. So I have settled for a sedate 1.4 GT. Arriving Sept.
I am sure I will get used to it. Any advise on driving it will be gratefully accepted as I haven't owned a petrol car for 17 years.
TIA
Addymk2
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Re: New Sirocco Ordered

Post by Addymk2 »

Don't be afraid of using the revs and savour the noise!

Don't fill it up with diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Jaygebee wrote:I have just ordered my new Scirocco. I am fed up of hearing all the diesel rubbish so I went to order a 2.0 TSI. I tried it and it frightened me to death. So I have settled for a sedate 1.4 GT. Arriving Sept.
I am sure I will get used to it. Any advise on driving it will be gratefully accepted as I haven't owned a petrol car for 17 years.
TIA
Yes - unless you are a high mileage driver, diesel is not a good choice anymore as the pollution debates go on. For sure diesels are not as desirable now.

Enjoy your new petrol Roc!
Jaygebee

Post by Jaygebee »

Thanks for info about revving it thats what I will have to get used to. Which fuel is OK unleaded or premium unleaded?
Karnivore
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic roof, RNS510, 19" Talladegas, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, H&R springs, Revo cold air induction kit, Milltek turbo back exhaust, Helix sporting organic clutch, LUK flywheel, Ade tuning custom remap.

Post by Karnivore »

Jaygebee wrote:Thanks for info about revving it thats what I will have to get used to. Which fuel is OK unleaded or premium unleaded?
The manual in my R says it makes no difference at all!

I'm a Tesco Momentum man meself.
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

It will run fine on either. But will go better and be more economical on super.

Techy explanation - If you want to use super unleaded and it's like other modern cars over time the engine management will try and advance the ignition for more performance, find that it's not getting det and stick with it. Over time it learns that you use super and takes advantage of it. Stick a tank of normal in and it will get det and retard the ignition until it's OK again.

On my R I found I was getting more than 10% better fuel consumption and super is less than 10% more expensive so I stuck with it. Extra performance is a bonus (OK the real reason).
rich146

Post by rich146 »

I drive a 2015 R and experimented with different fuel types.

For a while I used shell v power. Then tried the standard shell. I was getting better economy on the standard but less roarty sound than with v power which is a must with the R. Although economy isn't as good ( because I put my foot down more for the extra performance) , ive stuck with shell v power. However it can be cost effective if you drive conservatively but whos going to do that in an R ? :)

I tried momentum and that just evaporated out of the tank I think ! Car ran quite rough on that as well. I believe shell is a quality fuel and prefer to use their fuel over others.
Join the new growing Facebook site for Scirocco R owners https://www.facebook.com/sciroccoruk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C00kie
In: Pewter Grey
Options: heated leather seats, DAB radio, rear privacy glass, rear parking sensors
Mods: Revo stage 1, Tarox G88 discs/Strada pads, Eibach Pro Kit springs, BCS sport catback system, K&N air filter, R8 coilpacks, interior LED lights, OEM LED number plate lights, pressed number plates

Post by C00kie »

I'm not sure about the 1.4 TSI but super unleaded is advised for the 2.0 TSI. I used bog standard fuel until I went stage 1; now she only gets V Power.
rich146

Post by rich146 »

In my experience with my 2015 R , fuel brand makes a big difference in economy, refinement of drive and performance. Cut a long story short worst fuel was Tesco momentum and best Shell vpower .
Join the new growing Facebook site for Scirocco R owners https://www.facebook.com/sciroccoruk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zeno
In: Pure White

Post by zeno »

How new will be your new Sirocco? I mean from which year?
To want to, is to be able to.
Jaygebee

Post by Jaygebee »

to zeno 2017
to all of you thanks for your thoughts and advice. I should get it begining of sept. They have had it delivered to dealer but I don't want it until the new reg.
Jaygebee

Post by Jaygebee »

Got it today. Same colour as previos but compared to diesel its very quiet. One problem is my old iPod Nano 2 isn't recognised by media system. It worked OK on the old roc.
Zanic L3
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

What do u guys suggest me to use on my 2.0 TSI? Premium unleaded (Euro95) or Super Plus/Unleaded (Euro98). I got the car two weeks and first I tanked 95 but now I have a full tank of 98. I don't really mind the performance dip as it is a bit irrelevant (unless you take it to a track or something). What happens if you mix them? Do they transfer into Euro96.5 :lol: ?

95 is/was around €1.25 +-
98 around €1.47 +-

Someone told me that 98 keeps the filters cleaner, is that true?

My father says it's not a good idea to completely full the tank but instead filing it half, as it will use more with a completely full tank.. ?! :?
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

Post by TriGGER »

Hope you don't get your car! :(
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

[quote="
My father says it's not a good idea to completely full the tank but instead filing it half, as it will use more with a completely full tank.. ?! :?[/quote]

Hi Jay,

As a tractor driver I cannot comment on the benefits of different petrol grades, but I will say that I have only had one load of supermarket DERV in 95,000 miles and I don't regret the extra couple of pence per litre over that time - but it's a personal thing but I feel the car runs better on the proper stuff and there is less to worry about with fuel additives from the main brands as opposed to the supermarket stuff.
I am sure that other forum members can give you their experience on the petrol front.

With your dad's comment though, it has me curious. Is he worried about the extra weight of 27 litres fuel (being the top half of a full tank!) increasing your overall fuel consumption? I recall there was a thread on here a year or two back on this subject and it ran quite close to a Formula 1 Pit Crew discussion including:
a) Driving style - the main guzzler of gas
b) Other unnecessary weight removal (no, not going to the loo before driving....)
c) The extra fuel used entering and exiting a filling station twice as often to re-load with the half-tank full
d) The impact of regular checking of tyre pressures and tracking

Would be interested to learn where Dad is coming from on this one.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
Jaygebee

Post by Jaygebee »

:hyper:
TriGGER wrote:Hope you don't get your car! :(