Changed to a Scirocco

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Stemartin99
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Changed to a Scirocco

Post by Stemartin99 »

Hi all,

My 1st post on this site. Just changed my A5 3.0TDI for a Scirocco R Line TDI. Changed due to issues on the Audi and always liked the look. Had the car for 1 day and changed already changed a few things. Mainly bulbs, which i'm still not happy with due to going back to halogen. Put some osram night breaker in as the reviews were good but still looks really yellow and dull. The sides have error free LED's in and look decent.

Made a few changed on VCDS. Alarm beep when locking, needle sweep, turned off headlights as DLR so now running just on the side lights and activate voice commands. Really didn't understand why it is disabled when the unit is able.

Looking at only making 1 more change. The stock speakers are actually half decent just lacks a bit of low bass. Got a small 10" active sub that I had in the A5 which I want to put in.

This was easy in the A5 as the battery was at the rear and so was the source I could tap into. Anyone done this and could be able to suggest where to run the power to the battery? And where to take the remote from? Thinking the remote off the rear 12V plug.

Looking to get this as well so I don't have to tap into anything.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361160530725? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The other issue is the wires are already in a block that just plugs into the sub so might have to snip and then just use a connection block half way. I want to be able to disconnect it with ease when I need to.

Any help would be grateful. Also if anyone else can think of some fairly cheap and easy mods.

Thanks
Stemartin99

Re: Changed to a Scirocco

Post by Stemartin99 »

Also don't think my coming home lights are working. Checked the settings but the lights just go off when I turn the car off. Or am I being stupid?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Stemartin99 wrote:Also don't think my coming home lights are working. Checked the settings but the lights just go off when I turn the car off. Or am I being stupid?
No, you're not being stupid but for some reason you need to pull the left stalk towards you to activate when you leave the car. No doubt it can be changed using VCDS so they come on automatically with out the stalk pulling.
Stemartin99

Post by Stemartin99 »

09 Central Electrics module, using long coding helper
- Byte 12 - untick bit 2
- Byte 17 - tick bit 5

Just had a google
Stemartin99

Post by Stemartin99 »

Any help with the wiring would be great. Looking to do it at the weekend.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Stemartin99 wrote:09 Central Electrics module, using long coding helper
- Byte 12 - untick bit 2
- Byte 17 - tick bit 5

Just had a google
And byte 12 bit 0
- unchecked coming home timer start with ignition off
- checked coming home timer start with door opening
Stemartin99

Post by Stemartin99 »

Nice one. Thank you will look into this tonight.
Stemartin99

Post by Stemartin99 »

Done the coming home lights so will test it tonight.

Also found a grommet behind some foam like materiel behind the brake pedal. So will just need to bring up the side panels and then route the cable to the battery then pull the cable for the remote to the fuse box even though I still might take it off the 12v in the boot. Will also need to remove the head unit to get to the connector so I can clip mine in then route the RCA's.

Going have to wait until next weekend to sort it but will need some supplies.

Might take a few photos and make a guide if it can help any one.
Stemartin99

Post by Stemartin99 »

Manged to get the sub in. Fairly easy job. Will post some pics at the weekend