Is there going to be a Scirocco replacement?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Re: Is there going to be a Scirocco replacement?

Post by Billc »

Tony,

You and I seem to be in the same boat! I really don't know what to do either. Diesel is a complete no-no on the low miles I do and the GTS doesn't ring my bell either. I think I'll probably end up with an R because there just isn't anything else on the market that comes close to the Scirocco. On my low mileage (3,000-ish per year) the MPG isn't really going to hurt that much and the real world numbers aren't actually much worse than my TSi.
Bill in Norfants
tony4147
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS510 SatNav/BT, Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Factory Mats

Post by tony4147 »

Billc wrote:Tony,

You and I seem to be in the same boat! I really don't know what to do either. Diesel is a complete no-no on the low miles I do and the GTS doesn't ring my bell either. I think I'll probably end up with an R because there just isn't anything else on the market that comes close to the Scirocco. On my low mileage (3,000-ish per year) the MPG isn't really going to hurt that much and the real world numbers aren't actually much worse than my TSi.
Would love an R but my mileage is getting on for 15k / year, I thoufght about running it into the ground but then the differential in years to come to buy new or nearly new will be too high, I don't need the power of the R as I also have an Elise for weekends/track but the I don't want to spend a load of ££££ pon a TSI (180bhp) and feel that is is a down grade on what I had.
I think I will have to give the diesel a test drive just to see what it is like.
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Post by Technane »

I love my TDI 140, but that's just me. but I am doing more miles than you between 300-600 a week, my 60 plate has about 85k on it, hasn't had the NOX updated and achieves around 50mpg consistently only thing for me would be more power really but i know I can get that easy with a re-map
Grande

Post by Grande »

I was hoping a new Scirocco was in the pipleline, but it looks like the AutoEuropa plant in Portugal is going to start producing the T-Roc instead:

http://observador.pt/2016/11/15/t-roc-n ... utoeuropa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which is actually quite interesting. I like the idea of a coupe with increased ground clearance. Especially if it's closer in size to the Scirocco rather than an Evoque.

Addymk2
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Addymk2 »

Grande wrote:I was hoping a new Scirocco was in the pipleline, but it looks like the AutoEuropa plant in Portugal is going to start producing the T-Roc instead:

http://observador.pt/2016/11/15/t-roc-n ... utoeuropa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which is actually quite interesting. I like the idea of a coupe with increased ground clearance. Especially if it's closer in size to the Scirocco rather than an Evoque.

That's howling
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by Technane »

:puke:
pol2825
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic sunroof, cruise control, 90% rear window tint, keyless entry/ start/stop, LED interior bulbs, dash cam.

Post by pol2825 »

Bolk ! I'll never be buying one of those that's for sure !
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Looks honking. :no:
tony4147
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS510 SatNav/BT, Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Factory Mats

Post by tony4147 »

Well, I drove a BMW M240i and have decided to buy one, get it next Friday from dealer stock.
I couldn't sink a load of money into another Scirocco as I've had 2,of the MK 3 and I know if I bought one that after an hour it would feel similar to the others so I've bitten the bullet and will be leaving VW.

It's a pity but VW haven't anything in their line up that really appeals, even a Scirocco R wouldn't do it for me, just a bit quicker version of the 2ltr TSI I already have, same seats, dash etc.
The M240i has some very, very serious muscle, unbelievable amount of smooth power and hopefully one day VW will bring out another coupe.
kentech
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by kentech »

The end of the Scirocco history for now...

Ankündigungen / Gerüchte
09/2017 Produktion wird eingestellt - letzter Bestelltag 05.09.2017

Announcements / Rumors
09/2017 Production is discontinued - last order date 05.09.2017

http://www.michaelneuhaus.de/scirocco/s ... odjahr.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I imagine there will be extra kit added to the last models to tempt folk.
Grande

Post by Grande »

Well, the R version is gone from the German Konfigurator. Is it gone for good? Sport, GTS and "SOUND" are still available.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I see the RRP has dropped on all Scirocco models...

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/buying-guid ... cirocco-gp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;