Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Post by Roy_01 »

Thanks Phil! Really happy with it after 3 months time/effort.
Hopefully it's usefull for other people that want to do it.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Tonight i managed to solve the last little problems with some help, turn lights fault (LED indicators) and fog light left on with drl (because of new bcm).
When you bought Scirocco R facelift bcm then you maybe don't even need to change any settings, that why i prefer buying this BCM.
Mine wasn't so i got these faults and also DRL / DRL dimming didn't work without the wiring mod.

Before coding with VCP can start, it needs byte 18 module 09 to be coded to 00 with VCDS. This way VCP makes a custom setup of the lightning settings on you BCM.
Then just select the light outputs (see wiring diagram) that are not functioning right. Just in the picture below. We made a backup of the light settings before changing.

On mine the front turnlights gave a check lights fault code. We just unchecked the front turnlights cold diagnostic checkbox. And fault dissapeared. (Bulb out warning still works)

Also the left rear fog light was lighted with drl on. We selected the left rear fog and unchecked the checkboxes parking light/coming/leaving home function, only rear fog light checkbox was left on.
After that everything functioned fine.

If you want to connect the sidelights and drl functioning like original then you have to change the dimming value of DRL T52a/7 and 8 to 2 with VCP programmer.

If you want to connect the little square led and functioning like original then you have to set function of T52c/48 and 49 as sidelights/parking light with VCP programmer.

Last edited by Roy_01 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am, edited 10 times in total.
ben3runwilson
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Oryx White
Options: Recaro Wingback seats
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

I need to change my BCM 5K0937087AB with keyless entry. Is this an easy thing to do? I understand it's not plug and play. I have VCDS. Is there any instructions I can follow to program my keyless entry and push to start system? It's for a 2015 Scirocco R. Obviously I don't want to screw this up as this part isn't cheap. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Sorry i don't know, i don't have keyless entry or start-stop button. Maybe you can find something on the internet.
If you don't want to screw anything up best way is to let a dealer change it. And you get the right module right away.
ben3runwilson
In: Oryx White
Options: Recaro Wingback seats
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

Yeah the dealer charged £350 for the part and £150 to fit... Quite a pricey bit of kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrsavvy90
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
Options: Leather seats , Xenon Headlights, Reverse camera, Upgraded PREMIUM Audio, RNS 510 SATNAV rear parking sensors

Post by mrsavvy90 »

Scirocco61 wrote:Im purchasing the same the OEM Bi Xenon LED DRL AFS Headlights myself, have you managed to successfully complete yours? if you have it would be great if you could show me how too do it or no anybody near Enfield, North London who could install these for me. I would obviously have to purchase the rest of the parts. I looked at that thread but he doesn't mention quality and i went onto AliExpress and found the ones he said he purchased but the seller said they won't fit RHD not too sure why though.

hi mate , im located in north london / enfield have you managed to do this ? i was thinking to buy the ali express one too !
nazpatel
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: bi-xenons
winter pack
truffle leather
pano roof
19' black lugano & styling pack
parking sensors.

Post by nazpatel »

Hi roy, quick question for you,Would changing from pre facelift to facelift xenons be as involving as this or would it be easier? I have factory installed bi xenons on my 2011 and if it not as hard to do then I’ll be looking to upgrade my lights to facelift ones?

Thanks in advance
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Hi!
It's not needed to change your headlights the pre-facelift ones have the same size.
And these new units are also hard to find.
Also you have to swap BCM for MY10-14 and setup the lights with VCP.
And also you will need a new AFS unit that support dynamic cornering.
The wiring for the led drl has to be connected to the headlight and indicators are in the bumper.
So quit a lot of work. Easier to leave the DRL in the bumper, but you need new aftermarket units that fit the new bumper. There are some other topics about this conversion of bumper only without facelift xenon. See: Tom Fakelift topic or Jimijokela they have it setup this way.
Jaspreet11
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by Jaspreet11 »

Hi, is there anyone on here living in the midlands area? who can assist me with my OEM pre-facelift Bi-xenon and DRL conversion? I have all the parts, just need help installing..

Many thanks in advance
mvb12
In: Pure White

Post by mvb12 »

@jaspreet11 PM me
Jaspreet11
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by Jaspreet11 »

mvb12 wrote:@jaspreet11 PM me
I haven't got that facility yet lol! It says i need to be involved in the forum more to have the facility. Can you email me on jaspreetsm9@gmail.com and we can exchange details via there.

Many thanks mate
Marius336
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black

Post by Marius336 »

Hi,
i just bought 2 facelift xenon. I Allrady have pre facelift xenon in my car and i have an 087 AB BCM.

I only have to change the wiring from my existing xenon?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

- Wiring, facelift headlights work with canbus for height control/dynamic/static cornering light and DRL has to be connected.
- New AFS unit for dynamic/static cornering lights,
- Coding with VCP and VCDS

But if you only want high/low beam and drl then you can also make it work with your current setup. But you will lose the height control.
Marius336
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black

Post by Marius336 »

thank you, i want to have the dynamic conering.

So i can keep my existing sensors for the height control?
Roy_01 wrote:- Wiring, facelift headlights work with canbus for height control/dynamic/static cornering light and DRL has to be connected.
- New AFS unit for dynamic/static cornering lights,
- Coding with VCP and VCDS

But if you only want high/low beam and drl then you can also make it work with your current setup. But you will lose the height control.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes but the this AFS only uses the rear sensor so other will have no function.
FenOMenx

Post by FenOMenx »

Wow ! :eyepop:
Awesome !

i did a big project on my R scirocco 2011. Complete Ass Facelift, I coded the lights with the VCP they work perfectly.

I knew how to mount the Facelift xenon on Halogen or Xenon scirocco (not R).
I mounted them mounted on my Scirocco R, it works '' good '' ...
(The connection of the wires is different on an R because the flashing lights are in the optics, and the DRL has 3 wires.
I had a lot of trouble doing the led strip on the R.)

But the led strip remains lit in full power even when the xenon is on ... *
It's not that I do not like, but the poor driver who is in front ...

I try a lot of things but nothing helps :(.

I saw that you post the details on the Xenon PIN Facelift,
Would you have the same thing for xenon no facelift?

Do you know how to connect them to a scirocco R in order to recover the decrease of integrity of the led strip when the xenon is turned on?

Thank you very much.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Hi thanks! Couln't have done it with the people of this forum.
How have you wired your lights right now?
If you wire them following the VW diagrams and the same as the pinout diagram i posted then you have to set them up with Vag Can Pro also.
First byte 18 module 09 has to be set to 00 with VCDS. But i think yours is already on this value.
Then setup side marker lights (A44, C26) and DRL (C4, A26) for both functions. DRL and sidelight dimming has to be set to value 2.
In module 09 check byte 27 bit 2 with vcds: Led daytime running light module for parking light and DRL.
I haven't done this myself, first doing some other mods.

Last edited by Roy_01 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
FenOMenx

Post by FenOMenx »

So, trying to mount the xenon facelift on the scirocco R as on a scirocco no R it does not work (at the time I did not have a VCP)
Suddenly, the led strip served as a flashing.

I removed the pin 12 (which serves as a flashing on the R),
Install "AliExpress" DRLs that Flash (because DRLs from the Origin R do not do this)

Connect pin 8 and 10 together and I connected everything I do not remember the exact connection, it's been the month that I did the editing I watch tonight and I send you photos.

Do you have the diagram on hand? I can not find it on dropbox :(
I think that now that I am equipped with the VCP I will be able to do a "normal" editing ...

I admit to being a little lost :(

(ps: Also for some days I have the cornering lights (AFS) which goes into default (which is normal when passing xenon V1 to V2, without changing the rest)
But I disabled the surveillance with the VCP it was top !, but here it is income.
Even when turning off the turn / dynamic lights on VCDS / VCP the indicator stays> <)

Can you add me on Facebook Messenger so that we can discuss more fluid ways?

https://www.facebook.com/pheno.menx.9

Thank' you !!
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

The flashing can also be caused by not setting up the dimming of the drl with VCP
Pin 8 is for the small square leds. I think you mean pin 10 and 12.
See the link below for the diagrams it's on there.
Just connect the wiring as it should be and it will work normally except the drl with dimming.
Start with one thing at a time.
Im sorry i don't have Facebook, i only react to this thread when i am able.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... y_2008.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FenOMenx

Post by FenOMenx »

I misspoke,
My led works perfectly well,
when I was talking about flashing I was talking about turning lights ...

I would just like to be able to recover the intensity reduction when xenon lights up,

Regarding my connection I did it a long time ago without tutorial.
I had as reference that for non R.

Regarding my connection:
I removed the pin 12, and I connected it to the flashing of my DRL of the bumper

I added 3 Cable, the 8 and 10, and I put one in the 12, the 3 are plugged into the power supply of the DRL of the bumper.

Without this modification of PIN 12 it was impossible to turn them on (at least without VCP, because at the time I did not have a VCP)

Thank you very much for the diagram!