Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Post by Roy_01 »

That is weird, have you compared vcds scan with backup ones?
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

ok so i got an other used AFS this time taken from a scirocco facelift and now it looks like it works! No more 0's in long coding :) but i think i need to adjust the headlights . when i press travel mode i can see the lights doing there thing so i guess it works. what i want to know is how do you test the cornering lights? i try turning the steering wheel left and right but nothing happens. do i need to to it while driving? also i get a message from MFD ( No bend lighting (AFS ) function. Owners manual
is there something i must do? i dont have a vcds cable at the moment but i have obdeleven but not sure if i want to do thing with it
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

i did a quick scan with obdeleven and it looks like i need to do calibration in order for the error to be fixed. ill wait for the vcds cable to do it as i feel more comfortable plus change the BCM and do some coding
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Nice work David! Yes just do the calibration and set the lights at right level and all will be fine.
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

Ok i install the BCM and code it with obdeleven and everything is working as it should!
I want to thank Roy for everything! I wish there was a word that mean more than thank you and i would had said it :) Thank you For the patients of all the questions i had . Im so so happy looking at the headlight and all working fine :)
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

You’re welcome David, i also got a lot of help of people on this forum. And now you can do this also.
It’s not a small job but now you can enjoy your lights and that you have done it yourself!
It looks a lot better with the facelift lights. 8)
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

Its not an easy job at all!! Lots of stress doing this project to be honest but the end result is worth everything! I kind of feel proud of myself doing this and successfully working :)
mrsavvy90
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Leather seats , Xenon Headlights, Reverse camera, Upgraded PREMIUM Audio, RNS 510 SATNAV rear parking sensors

Post by mrsavvy90 »

David & Roy,
I still cannot figure out how to get rid of the error codes , basically i get error code (no left cornering light & no right cornering light ) and afs no bend lighting is available… , i tried to do basic settings with vcds but never works.. says error accured…
have any of you 2 had the error of the cornering lights ? I went from oem pre facelift xenon to facelift so to get the led strip to work i added a connector and wired to sidelights and also got the led square working .. do i have to change something for cornering lights to work ?? i did this a while ago but i really want to get rid of these error messages and Finnish this job properly

so another issue my headlight sensor snapped when installing lowering springs on the car, so i have a fault on vcds saying the headlight sensor no signal, replaced the sensor and connected it all back in .. cannot clear the fault code.. so i think this is stopping me from performing basic settings for the afs..

does anyone have any suggestions ? what should i try ? thank you ..
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes that is the problem, broken sensor will stop cornering dynamic and static.
So repace the sensor so you can do basic settings and erase the fault.
I expect you have done all the wiring correctly and facelift afs unit.
mrsavvy90
Options: Leather seats , Xenon Headlights, Reverse camera, Upgraded PREMIUM Audio, RNS 510 SATNAV rear parking sensors

Post by mrsavvy90 »

Hi Roy thanks for your reply, ! i had replaced the sensor with one from allegro, same part number as old one .. fitted it and cannot clear the fault code seems like something is off .. cannot perform basic settings for afs either but i believe its because of this sensor having issues,

my car is RHD as its UK buying from allegro i think its LHD but does that make a difference in a sensor ? could be why its not working.. i don't know

also the sensor is it supposed to move whilst its mounted on the car if you try to move it manually ? ? maybe i installed the sensor wrong ( like screwing it on wrong mounting points or something ) cos as it is now its very firm and doest move if you push it with your fingers .. will upload a picture of how its mounted now and how it was stock.. but yeah can't delete fault code for the level sensor
mrsavvy90

Post by mrsavvy90 »

This is how it’s mounted now .... Isit correct or incorrect ? Does not move when push with fingers ..
thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrsavvy90

Post by mrsavvy90 »

Sorry this is the replacement one I installed the other pic is the old broken one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

Your sensor looks different.. are you sure is the correct part number ? 1k0 941 273L?
This is how mine looks like Image
mrsavvy90

Post by mrsavvy90 »

yes 100% i tried that sensor when mine broke and the connectors are different , you can see from the before pic its same as new one with green plastic, i tried this one with black plastic as it was a cheaper replacement but the connectors are different doest fit . . mine is 2013 r line high spec from factory with factory prefacelift xenon
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

Hm... Sorry for asking the obvious question but did you change the AFS with the facelift version?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Your sensor seems ok, i have the black installed in the same angle. Picture on here is not from myself but from the internet but i used that part number you mentioned.Lhd or rhd doesn’t matter. Don’t your system has 2 sensors front and rear? Or did you change it to one sensor? With vcds you can check the level your sensor is sending.
The sensor must be moving very easy when its loose so maybe there is something wrong.
But recommend using the new sensor and change the connector.
mrsavvy90

Post by mrsavvy90 »

yes yes i changed the afs got one removed from facelift rocco and made adapter for prefacelift to facelift , projector lights move up and down and vcds lets me access afs so i think its okay .. problem is i still have fault code for the level sensor that broke and has been replaced … will try to adjust the position of the sensor manually as I've seen a picture online showing it should be pointing other direction .. i think every sensor might have a slightly different position . not sure but will work on it and let you guys know . thank you for your help
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Did you find anything yet? Notice that the facelift AFS only uses the rear level sensor and different sensor type.
Also if you had pre facelift xenon you have 1 front sensor and 1 rear the facelift only needs the rear sensor and is different type.
If you have dcc you have 2 front sensors and 1 rear.
BasilFX
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by BasilFX »

It took some time, but we've finally managed to do the Xenon retrofit. While wiring the BCM, we also included additional (backup) wires, which were quite handy to wire the DRLs. It looks amazing now!
BasilFX wrote:Its not the relearn thing: the sun roof isn’t working as well, and also folded mirrors with keyfob (which I coded) dont work. Things happened after lights coding with VCP (rear led), so I’ll try to enable and disable in the gateway.
So the problem disappeared, and probably had to do with calibration issue and a weak battery.
mrsavvy90

Post by mrsavvy90 »

Roy_01 wrote:Did you find anything yet? Notice that the facelift AFS only uses the rear level sensor and different sensor type.
Also if you had pre facelift xenon you have 1 front sensor and 1 rear the facelift only needs the rear sensor and is different type.
If you have dcc you have 2 front sensors and 1 rear.

Hi Roy,

Still did not manage to get rid of corner light errors and afs bend lighting error,

I sent my afs with adapter to friend and he managed to perform basic settings on his car so now afs is working on his car I'm waiting to receive It back to test In my car I was unable to perform basic settings on it before as it kept failing for security reasons,

so my car has DCC and had preface lift xenons so I think has 2 front sensors 1 rear,

for the rear I have a friend with scirocco r facelift and he has same xenon level sensor as mine ( green plastic) and his is from factory .

I have been reading some diagrams from other people and says pin 13 is also afs/corner lights ? I'm not sure if this is correct but I think I have nothing in pin 13 . I have 5 different diagrams from different peoples guide and some have wired up pin 13 also... what do you think ? is pin 13 anything to do with this ?