Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Post by Roy_01 »

Hi guys,

Next project on my car is retrofit the facelift xenon headlights with AFS, led drl, static and dynamic cornering lights.
The car is original a halogen car with midline bcm 5K0 937 086, running with the pre facelift xenon now.
The xenon shutters now work with trigger wires to the high beam output of the midline bcm.
But a proper light setup including dimming with VCP is not possible with this midline BCM, so i will need to swap it.

The parts i need for this retrofit i found in other topics:

BCM 5k0 937 987 AB (for me without kessy, otherwise it will not work!) Buy a Scirocco R facelift version, then you will need less software coding changes.
AFS ECU 5m0 907 357 F Z0R >05/2014 (from a Scirocco, pre facelift won’t work)
Headlight L 1k8 941 751 B
Headlight R 1k8 941 752 B
DRL module 4G0907697F 2x
Static cornering module 8K0941597E 2x
Xenon ballast module 3D0941329D 2x
breather line left 1K8 941 717
breather line right 1K8 941 718
Level sensor 1k0 941 273L (pre facelift sensor won’t work)

Wiring diagrams:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... urFaa?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My build thread:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 36#p179636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Roy_01 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Roy_01

Re: Body control module for facelift xenon headlights

Post by Roy_01 »

Nobody who has done this conversion on a tdi?
iforland
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Post by iforland »

I've converted a standard halogen to pre-facelift bi-xenon not the facelift version however. I upgraded from the standard 086 bcm to 5K0937087H add washers and afs (my car already had DCC so afs was easy). Being the older xenons I have the vertical leveling via AFS but not the active cornering - but the lights have the static cornering lights.

If you have any questions I might be able to assist....one thing to be careful of when buying a used bcm is don't buy one from a keyless start (kessy) enabled car as you won't be able to code it to operate the central locking.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Thank you for your help. That is a very good point the kessy system i will remember that. Im going to try the 087 AB version, just had contact with a seller that told me it was compatibel. Yes the afs will be some more work for me to fit the sensors but not that difficult. Im going to take it step by step. First bcm swap, then xenon swap and running the new wires. And final connecting the afs. I will keep this thread updated. Bcm and afs module will arive next week. So im going to prepare the additional wiring to the headlights.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Ordered the folowing parts:

BCM 5k0 937 087 AB
AFS ECU 5m0 907 357F (> 5-2014)
Xenon range sensor 1k0 941 273L
Right headlight 1k8 941 752 B

EUR 530,00 shipping incl.

Yet looking for:

Left headlight 1k8 941 751 B
Roy_01

Re: Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Post by Roy_01 »

All parts except 1 headlight gathered. Now preparing the wiring.
iforland
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red

Post by iforland »

Do you still have the old headlight leveling switch? (The one next to the dash illumination adjustment). I replaced mine with the Xenon version (which doesn't have the rotatory dial), minor detail and probably has no impact but always nice to have everything as it would have been originally.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Hi yes i already changed it, these are the small details indeed. But i don't like a not functional switch at my dashboard.
Now still looking out for the left headlight and some good weather to start with the exhange.
Tomorrow going to prepare the looms to the headlights.
Scirocco61
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by Scirocco61 »

Did you come across the Bi Xenon LED DRL AFS Headlight on AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 87991.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; by any chance and know if they are any good Apparently plug & play but i have not ordered any from China as it seems too good to be true. would be great if you could give a step by step instructions into how to make these lights work with proper intergration :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

No i only use the OEM parts, i don't have experience with these.
I have read that somebody else has them, look in the thread of Ybby.
Scirocco61
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by Scirocco61 »

Im purchasing the same the OEM Bi Xenon LED DRL AFS Headlights myself, have you managed to successfully complete yours? if you have it would be great if you could show me how too do it or no anybody near Enfield, North London who could install these for me. I would obviously have to purchase the rest of the parts. I looked at that thread but he doesn't mention quality and i went onto AliExpress and found the ones he said he purchased but the seller said they won't fit RHD not too sure why though.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Im still busy with it, waiting for some better wheater to install the wiring and bcm.
And also looking for the left headlight, they are very rare. I can find the 1k8 941 751 but not with the letter B on the end.
I would prefer to take oem headlights, then you know what quality you have.
scirocket_spain
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Pure White
Options: R-Line exterior
High Tech package

Post by scirocket_spain »

Roy_01 wrote:Hi guys,

Next project on my car is retrofit the facelift xenon headlights with AFS, led drl, static and dynamic cornering lights.
The car is original a halogen car with midline bcm 5K0 937 086, running with the pre facelift xenon now.
The xenon shutters now work with trigger wires to the high beam output of the midline bcm.

The car is a lhd from MY2010, other options are: dsg, climatronic, cruisecontrol, heated seats, panoramic roof, electric windows, 433 mhz keyfob, drl function of the sidelights, tpms (indirect), electric mirrors and fog lights.
The engine code is : cbdb.

I have read the that i need a bcm high with code number: 5k0 972 087 for this retrofit. Only there are different versions of this module ending on A, B, AB etc. Does someone know what type i need? I can't find much about this functionality.

The parts i need for this retrofit i found in other topics:

BCM 5k0 937 987 AB
AFS ECU 5m0 907 357 F
Headlight L 1k8 941 751 B
Headlight R 1k8 941 752 B
Hi!
I have been reading last days about retrofitting Xenon on the Scirocco. I have always seen that BCM finished in 86 does not work for Xenon. How are you runing them?
In my case, I want to retrofit pre-facelift Xenon headlights (2009) on my facelift car (2014) with a BCM ...86Q.
I have already the headlights, bulbs and ballasts and a BCM with the reference finished in ...87, just in case I need to swap them. However, I would prefer not changing the BCM and try to run them on my current one.
Moreover, I am missing the connectors. I have found them at Kufatec, but don't really know which one I need: the one for cars prior to 2010 or the one for cars after 2010. The case is that the headlights are from 2009 and the car from 2014.
Ps. I retrofit pre-facelift on facelift due to economic issues. A friend of mine is selling the prefacelift Xenon with bulbs, ballasts and BCM ...87 for 300€.
Thank you in advance for your patience!
Scirocket.
scirocket_spain
High Tech package

This entry was a repetition of the previous one ^^'
Last edited by scirocket_spain on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Depends on what functionality you want...

Without a highline bcm ending with 087, you can only get the xenon working without static cornering lights.
WIth a midline bcm ending on 086 it's possible to use the high beam output of the bcm T52a/5 and T52c/46 for the shutters to get them working.
On a highline bcm pins T52a/5 and T52c/46 are the output for the cornering lights and the shutters are operated by pin T52C/48 and T52C/49. The midline bcm doesn't have these pins 48 and 49.

On a halogen connector T10 pin 8 is the high beam wire
On a xenon connector T14 pin 11 is the shutter wire.

So what they often do with the xenon adapters is move pin 8 to pin 11 and you don't have to pull any new wires.
But better is to install a highline bcm so you can get full functionality with AFS and cornering lights.

If you don't want al the functionality a prefacelift xenon adapter is fine. But if you want the full functionality with cornering lights and afs up and running you need to run extra wires to the bcm and afs module.

If you want the electric diagrams, you can download them from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... urFaa?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Roy_01 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
scirocket_spain
High Tech package

Roy_01 wrote:Depends on what functionality you want...

Without a highline bcm ending with 087, you can only get the xenon working without static cornering lights.
WIth a midline bcm ending on 086 it's possible to use the high beam output of the bcm T52a/5 and T52c/46 for the shutters to get them working.
On a highline bcm pins T52a/5 and T52c/46 are the output for the cornering lights and the shutters are operated by pin T52C/48 and T52C/49. The midline bcm doesn't have these pins 48 and 49.

On a halogen connector T10 pin 8 is the high beam wire
On a xenon connector T14 pin 11 is the shutter wire till may 2014. After that they moved it back to pin 8.

So what they often do with the xenon adapters is move pin 8 to pin 11 and you don't have to pull any new wires.
But better is to install a highline bcm so you can get full functionality with AFS and cornering lights.

If you don't want al the functionality a prefacelift xenon adapter is fine. But if you want the full functionality with cornering lights and afs up and running you need to run extra wires to the bcm and afs module.

If you want the electric diagrams, you can download them from my dropbox.

Thank you for you fast response Roy.
As I am not going to install the light washers nor the automatic leveling sensors, my intention is to switch the xenon headlights to the halogen ones each time I had to go to the ITV (the MOT in UK).
Taking this into account, and that cornering lights are not so important for me, should I change any pin in the connectors of my current 86Q BCM to get running the Xenon headlights? Or only by installing an halogen-to-xenon adapter from Kufatec they would work?
Please, forgive me for my electronic ignorance.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

The xenon adapter will be fine then, no need to change something on your bcm.
Only some vcds coding to prevent bulb out warning for the main beams and that xenon is installed.
Are your sidelights and drl in the bumper? If they are in the headlight you have to add these wires to the adapters cause they arent always present. Just study the electric diagrams and all will be clear.
scirocket_spain
High Tech package

Roy_01 wrote:The xenon adapter will be fine then, no need to change something on your bcm.
Only some vcds coding to prevent bulb out warning for the main beams and that xenon is installed.
Are your sidelights and drl in the bumper? If they are in the headlight you have to add these wires to the adapters cause they arent always present. Just study the electric diagrams and all will be clear.
Yes, the Facelift has the sidelights and DRL in the bumper.
The VCDS coding would be the same as the one in Roccopedia?
I have looked into your dropbox, but there are several files tittled as numbers. Which is the file I should check?
Thank you for your valuable advice!
scirocket_spain
High Tech package

Roy_01 wrote: Only some vcds coding to prevent bulb out warning for the main beams and that xenon is installed.
I already have the xeneon headlights at home. According to your experience to run Xenon headlights on a midline BCM, a guy here is working on the proper pre-facelift to facelift xenon-to-halogen adapter. The think is that I currently have the position lamp in the halogen headlights, which is not available in the Xenon headlight. Would be feasible to connect my current position lamp pin to the DRL of the new headlight?
Additionally, I have question about the VCDS coding: what does exactly I have to code in order to tell the car that xenon is installed and avoid those bulb warnings?
Thank you for your essential help ;)
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Byte 14 bit 3 check bi-xenon with shutters installed
Byte 19 bit 0-3 headlight dimming (bulb extended lifetime) change to inactive
Byte 17 bit 2 check bi-xenon without additional high beam installed
Byte 25 bit 2 check high beam via shutter active/installed
Byte 15 bit 6 check drl via seperate lights active
Byte 27 bit 2 check drl module for parking lights installed
Byte 24 bit 7 check drl as position lights active

I think this is the easiest option to connect the position lights to the drl in the new headlight.
Last edited by Roy_01 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.